My new stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
begreen nailed it. A big trick with this stove is to get the top of the fire going to heat the baffle. I try and load in such a way that their is at least some path that the flames can take to reach the top. If not the baffle will of course eventually get hot enough for the secondary's to lite off but on a cold start getting flames to the top is key. Love this stove though. Reloaded a couple nights ago with a typical load of spruce and birch at 1930 and due to an early morning rise and run I did not have time to get back to the stove until about 1030 the next morning. Very happy to find the stove top at 300 and a excellent bed of red hot coals just waiting for a reload. Have super dry wood was also a big factor as well of course.

Reactions: Osagebndr
Mine will cruise at 500-550 and then sit at 300 for hours. I just gotta be patient and get it dialed in

Can I put any universal blower on this stove ? The PE blower is like a $320 investment. The guys at the stove shop said it would be fine just wanted a second opinion

If it moves air, it will work just fine. I would def use one rated for a wood stove though.

So what is the model no. Of the fan I may have a cross reference but need to be sure

Have y'all left the air cracked just a little during a small fire ? Is this a nono?

You can open the air as needed, if needed.
Small loads will be fine. Full loads, just keep an eye on it, if it starts to climb high, cut it back.
There are no set ways for all applications. You'll find what works best for you in time.

Reactions: Osagebndr
Thanks for the reply hog. I'm finding more and more that is the case.now I just gotta put a blower on it. My wife calls it our indoor power house;) Glad she likes it too

Decided to check the chimney today since it was fairly nice out and boy was I surprised. I had what at first looked like glazed creosote in the top half (7ft) or so of the chimney. Luckily it was flakey and came right off . Slipped the lower section of my telescopic chimney pipe up and brushed it into my coal bucket. Had a pile on top of the secondary chamber also . Got it with a shop vac but it's time to got back to cherry and elm for awhile it's below 18% mc. Some of the oak is also but we going to split what us in the house a little smaller and leave it in the stove room to help it dry;)

Status
Not open for further replies.