My new to me boat! :-)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DAKSY said:
j-takeman said:
I really don't need the speed anymore, Just wanna fish...

I hear ya. I get all the speed I need on my Ultra. Might be in the market for a "Party Barge" - nothing TOO big 0-
just for leisurely rides around the lake at sunset...Maybe drown a coupla nitecrawlers...

Your Ultra is probably a heck of a lot better on fuel than a boat. Unless its tiny or electric powered.

A friend has a party barge, We go out once in a while. Got a grill right on board. What a hoot and Heck of a lot of fun fishing off them. But really a PITA to launch. If we stayed on this lake all the time. I'd love one. But we move to a different lake each weekend. He's only got a 16 footer and gets like 7 adults on it with a few kids. Really no all that expensive either.

Nice. We sold our project boat when we bought the Cottage, decided one project was enough. Would have looked like this when done (Custom Craft Sea Ray fin boat):

DSCN4379.jpg

Boats are fun...

That's an old one! Reminds me of my first 1962 aqua-swan runabout with a 35hp mercury. we had a ton of fun with that boat.

I kept staring at the picture and wondering where you were gonna put the Enviro Mini for the winter trips?

Look forward to some fish pictures soon!! What do you fish for in NW CT...Walleye, Bass, Salmon or none of the above??

smoke show said:
1962? dating yourself now, oldtimer.
;-P

Eatonpcat said:
I kept staring at the picture and wondering where you were gonna put the Enviro Mini for the winter trips?

Look forward to some fish pictures soon!! What do you fish for in NW CT...Walleye, Bass, Salmon or none of the above??

We fish mostly for largemouth bass(catch and release). But sometimes fish for trout or should I say dinner. ;-)

Been busy tinkering with the boat and getting it on the water as much as possible. Finally took the camera and took this. Just before he hit the throttle. I strap in when he's drivin! !!

Attachments

• ready for takeoff.JPG
    ready for takeoff.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 164
at this point, i think i have decided that i dont need to own a boat. i just need to know someone who does...

:p

-SF

Good sailing out here. Nice steady 15-20 knot winds.This is last Saturday. The yacht club lucked out with a good day. On a no wind day this can be a sad sight.

sailing.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.