jtakeman Posted By jtakeman, Feb 20, 2012 at 9:13 PM

1. jtakeman

jtakeman
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 30, 2008
    Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Your Ultra is probably a heck of a lot better on fuel than a boat. Unless its tiny or electric powered.

A friend has a party barge, We go out once in a while. Got a grill right on board. What a hoot and Heck of a lot of fun fishing off them. But really a PITA to launch. If we stayed on this lake all the time. I'd love one. But we move to a different lake each weekend. He's only got a 16 footer and gets like 7 adults on it with a few kids. Really no all that expensive either.

2. eclecticcottage

eclecticcottage
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 7, 2011
    Loc:
    WNY
    Nice. We sold our project boat when we bought the Cottage, decided one project was enough. Would have looked like this when done (Custom Craft Sea Ray fin boat):

[​IMG]

Boats are fun...

3. jtakeman

jtakeman
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 30, 2008
    Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    That's an old one! Reminds me of my first 1962 aqua-swan runabout with a 35hp mercury. we had a ton of fun with that boat.

4. smoke show

smoke show
    Guest 2.
    NULL

5. Eatonpcat

Eatonpcat
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 24, 2011
    Loc:
    Eaton Township, Ohio
    I kept staring at the picture and wondering where you were gonna put the Enviro Mini for the winter trips?

Look forward to some fish pictures soon!! What do you fish for in NW CT...Walleye, Bass, Salmon or none of the above??

6. jtakeman

jtakeman
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 30, 2008
    Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    ;-P

We fish mostly for largemouth bass(catch and release). But sometimes fish for trout or should I say dinner. ;-)

7. dorkweed

dorkweed
    Guest 2.
    NULL

Are you married??? You may not be much longer!!

8. jtakeman

jtakeman
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 30, 2008
    Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Been busy tinkering with the boat and getting it on the water as much as possible. Finally took the camera and took this. Just before he hit the throttle. I strap in when he's drivin! !!

Attached Files:

9. SlyFerret

SlyFerret
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 12, 2007
    Loc:
    Delaware, Ohio
    at this point, i think i have decided that i dont need to own a boat. i just need to know someone who does...

:p

-SF

10. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Good sailing out here. Nice steady 15-20 knot winds.This is last Saturday. The yacht club lucked out with a good day. On a no wind day this can be a sad sight.

sailing.jpg