My new toy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iblonger

Feb 23, 2008
SE PA
Here she is.... Winter is a long way away. Now on to the new floor.

Attachments

• IMAG0022.JPG
    IMAG0022.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 857
That looks great- what make is it?

Very nice...we always wanted a stove that opened left to right.

Schweet! Gonna be warm in that house next winter.

That is one heck of a nice insert. You will be warm this winter!!! Start stacking!!!

Downright purdy. How can you stand to not fire it up (gotta cure the paint sooner or later)? Rick

I agree with Rick - next time it gets down in the 50s start a small fire and run - its gonna stink, and heat you out of the house - but you'll get to see what she looks like fired up.

My wife is happy to know that for the first time in two or three years there won't be any stove replacements/modifications or chimney relining. Therefore no stove firing up in July or August for testing.

Me: "Boy that new stove heats the house real well."

Her: "Idiot. It's 93 degrees outside."

BrotherBart said:
My wife is happy to know that for the first time in two or three years there won't be any stove replacements/modifications or chimney relining. Therefore no stove firing up in July or August for testing.

How can you live like that? No new stove? :)

Carl said:
BrotherBart said:

How can you live like that? No new stove? :)

Got the new pellet stove just before the end of burning season.

I'm with you, I wanted to fire it up yesterday and the Wife gave me the its 80 with 80% humidity....I says it will get the humidity out of the air. She didnt buy it so I have to wait for a cool down. So far I have 4 pallets stacked 6' high full of Black walnut,
Locust, Hickory, and oak. I plan on 3 more skids worth for this season.

You might want to consider another run of tile added to what you have.
I think I have about 24" and kinda wish I went further. Sparks & embers can jump past 18" no problem, and since your down to the substrate now, wouldn't be hard to do.

Hogwildz said:
You might want to consider another run of tile added to what you have.
I think I have about 24" and kinda wish I went further. Sparks & embers can jump past 18" no problem, and since your down to the substrate now, wouldn't be hard to do.

Ditto what Hog sez...I've had red-hot embers leap out past the required 18" while reloading. Rick

fossil said:
Ditto what Hog sez...I've had red-hot embers leap out past the required 18" while reloading. Rick

Rookie! ;-P

BrotherBart said:
fossil said:

Rookie! ;-P

Just them damn Army embers...there's no controlling them. Rick

A real nice corner installation. I built one many years ago, so I can understand your pride.

Enjoy it and keep warm!

I have a spare door for that stove- the heavy cast brass one. It looks brand new. Want it? I bought a used Regency, but found a crack through it in a BAD spot upon moving it. I trashed it, but kept the nice and heavy door as well as all the firebricks. I have no use for either.

I'm just on the edge of the west side of the Baltimore beltway where Rt. 70 meets the beltway. E-mail me PatapscoMike @ (spam block) gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.