My new Toy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bxpellet

Feeling the Heat
Nov 1, 2007
Bronx, NY
After driving Mini vans, pick ups and 4x4, for the last 20 years I got this, A lot of fun to drive!

Hope I don't get a speeding ticket

Attachments

• wrx.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 617
Sharp!

We are also considering a new car or SUV. So far we've looked at the Chevy Equinox, Traverse, the Buick Enclave and the Cadillac SUV. Not sure yet if we'll buy or not. I is difficult dropping from a car that averages 37+ mpg to one getting 25.

crs7300 said:
Nice car. How much wood does it hold!! :p

Fold the rears seats down there's is a lot of room, that's why I went with the hatch, I am a pellet head so I guess you could put quite a few bags back there, It held all my Hunting gear and had room to spare!, 4 can sit comfortable and it still has get up and go!!

Is it the STI version??

estang said:
Is it the STI version??

I wanted the STI, but the price jump and the Ins. were a bit more then I wanted to spend. If I went with a 2009 with same millage they were 5 to 7 Grand more just for the WRX and all STI's that had a lot more on the clock were in that same price range, They raised the HP from 08 from 225 to 265 for the 09, and the STI's were 305, this moves fast enough for me for now I can always start the mod thing later on!!! ;-)

We took in on trade a STI what a car You can't shift fast enough!!! I would have gotten many tickets in that one.

yeah knew if I test drove a STI, I would have been hooked, but there are are so many things you can do with these cars the sky is the limit, as long as you have money!!!!

I've always loved Subarus . . . and would love to have a WRX or STI some day. My wife though -- who drives our current Subaru -- is talking about getting a very practical Subaru station wagon when we get ready to sell the ol' Legacy.

I owned a Loyal wagon and a Legacy wagon when the kids were small, but we put grew them, then went to Mini Vans, but the kids are bigger, the family DD is a Trailblazer, But I always loved the Subies from the first time I drove one, great in rain and snow. The other models have gotten bigger and more powerful, the Outback sport wagon is a sharp looking car!!

My wife is currently driving a 2003 Legacy Outback sedab . . . it kinds of looks like a Legacy on steroids since it has some body cladding and rides a bit higher than the other Legacys of that vintage . . . very reliable and she loves how it handles in the snow and ice . . . she says she feels as though she's driving a tank as it just plows right through the snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.