My New Ugly Wood Hauler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fsr4538

Jul 13, 2007
I picked up a trailer tonight to pull with my truck when I haul wood. This will double my take on each trip. I paid $200.00 for it so I will pay for itself in 10 trips. I bet that I may have most of that left on this Black Locust scrounge I am working.

Best I can tell it is a late 60s Chevy truck bed and Frame.
A buddy is going to give me two five ply tires and It should be good to go.

Attachments

• Ugly Wood Hauler.jpg
    Ugly Wood Hauler.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 623
It may not take first place at the truck show this year but if it does the job, it's perfect. I would jump on it for $200.

Looks good, gets the job done and you can beat it up.

Zap

for 200 it would be in my drive.

well done

pen

Great deal on the trailer. Best part is who cares if it gets a scratch. Lol

You kidding me, you are the envy of all of southern NH- including here!

Nothing wrong with that!

That's a great deal. When something works well & isnt expensive I call it perfect instead of ugly.

Awesome get on the trailer!

Just watch out for those squirrels with laser beams trying to take out your tires.

TreePointer said:
Awesome get on the trailer!

Just watch out for those squirrels with laser beams trying to take out your tires.

No, you've got that all wrong. The laser beams come out of the tires, and cut the wood to length as it falls. You jack it up, flip the switch, and let it rip. You can set it for 22", 18", or 16" cuts depending upon how fast the tires spin.

The newer model ($245) self-loads and splits it when you get it home.

Nice score on the trailer. Check those tires before you throw sides on it and load it up too high. Speaking from experience, blowouts on a single axle trailer with a full load of wood suck especially at highway speeds.

I'm all about functionality when it comes to most of my stuff. Thumbs up on your trailer score!

As long as it gets the job done its all good. There use to be a lot of those around in this part of the country, but you don't see them much anymore. For what a new metal trailer would cost these days, I would be proud to pull that one around.

Status
Not open for further replies.