My new wood shed...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

warno

Minister of Fire
Jan 3, 2015
illinois
The other day I brought home one of our crates our laser cutter came in at work. It was about 4 feet longer but I didn't have room for 16 feet of length so I cut 4 off. I broke it all down for easy transport.

20161015_113048.jpg

Today I had dad come over with the skid loader to help me put it together.

And here it is, plan is to later skin it to match the boiler shed.

20161022_103830.jpg

20161022_103848.jpg

20161022_103820.jpg

I say wood shed but it's really just wood storage, not drying. I dry everything in another area this is just the shed closest to the boiler. It measures about 12 feet long X 6 feet wide X 7 feet tall. I plan to lay some skids in the on the floor to stack on. This should keep the snow of the stacks better then the tarps did last year.

Reactions: weatherguy
Sweet! Nice up-cycling there.

Pretty slick! I would have been tempted to u use those panels as top covers only, but the shed is very nice. Have you considered drilling holes in the bottom instead of laying down stickers?

I figured this crate was good enough to get our $800,000 laser from Japan to Illinois, it should be plenty good to keep my wood in. Lol

I'm laying in some of the panels from my other post about crate materials. I have 2 of those panels I'm laying in the bottom. I will eventually finish out the open end with a door of sorts.

Reactions: pernox
Status
Not open for further replies.