my next dumb question...muffler assembly 460

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
ok i just got my dual port muffler in the mail today i wanna go ahead and put it on the sa...as im taking it to the shop friday because its running rich...anyways i have the old muffler off......coming out from the cylinder...i guess its in this order i forget....gasket first then the metal plate..then the muffler..is this correct?

i dunno, you have a metal plate and a gasket? what's the gasket material?

Pretty sure it goes. Aluminum deflector, gasket , steel muffler .

anyone else...deflector...gasket then muffler..is that correct?

Yes . Think about it .You've got an aluminum cylinder , an an aluminum deflector ,and a steel muffler .the most likely place for a compromise will be at the al to steel joint .

OBTW , I've looked at the pics that you've sent of your saw . .... Pull all the cowling that you can and give it a good cleaning.

Why not just send it to the shop with the saw and they can re-tune the saw for the new muffler.

You were going to re-tune after you put that muffler on, right? ;)

Why not just send it to the shop with the saw and they can re-tune the saw for the new muffler.

You were going to re-tune after you put that muffler on, right? ;)

mastertech thats the whole plan...just wanted to have it on there when i take it to the shop friday...its on there and ready to go now

Let me see If I have this right, your taking it to the shop to have it tuned? (With a dual port muff)

thats right talked to em already.....they said no problem...bring it on in...why not .......u think the professionals with all the right tools cant handle it?

thats right talked to em already.....they said no problem...bring it on in...why not .......u think the professionals with all the right tools cant handle it?

He's got more problems than the muffler but I'm betting when he gets it back it'll be a whole different animal.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/crank-seal-replacement-how-much.88749/#post-1153264

Think I am up to speed here. The only thing thats been done from the massive amounts of fuel is a dp cover?

I think that instead of messing with the carb you should port it and reduce the squish. All of that will take care of the high fuel setting on the carb, lol!

Reactions: HittinSteel
Status
Not open for further replies.