My nice relaxing Sunday (sarcastic pics inside)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wrkinonfire

Jan 24, 2010
SYRACUSE NY
100_1515.jpg

100_1513.jpg

100_1512.jpg

100_1511.jpg

100_1510.jpg

100_1509.jpg

At least you waited for the warmer weather!
What happened?

Looks like a lot of fun to me....but then again, I love tearing stuff apart and cleaning it....guess that comes from 40+ yrs of building dirt modifieds & sprint cars.

A clean stove is a happy stove.

Judging by the right angle grinder in the picture I'd say things got ugly for a little bit!

The last time I had a mess like that in my basement I was removing an old converted coal fired steam plant. Ah, those were the good old days.

Enjoy wrkinonfire it gets harder as you get older like me.

Yeh things def got rough! I ended up with half my garage in the basement and I'm not even done yet. I had to grind and drill bolts off. I got the pipe cleaner broken off behind the exaust blower. The dust really wasn't too bad in this stove. The pipe outside the house was prolly the worst. Im hoping the bad gasket under the pot and the exaust pipe were my probs. If not then I'm gonna be replacing the exaust blower..

msmith66 said:
Your are burning a good quality brand of pellets!!

Yeh I picked those up yesterday. I bought the last a local store had. I've had nothing but probs this year. So I bought the best pelles I could find to take the fuel out of the equation. 6 bucks a bag.

Hard to tell because of the direction you took the pic, but can the combustion blower be removed from the housing?

It would make cleaning (wirebrushing carefully) the vanes a lot easier, plus then you could scrape under the vanes on the motor plate. Make sure you're very careful removing it if you do, and try to not rip the gasket.

Not my idea of fun but someone's gotta do it right?

Btw, those heat exchange tubes look awful blackened up.
My stove will only do that if run on the lowest setting
for long periods of time. When you get it back in operation
you might want to think about running it on high for
a half hour a day to keep the tubes crud free.

i dont know that model stove (i dont build those) but looking at markings on baffles and the color of the sot in the exhaust blower, looks like you are runnning just a touch on the rich side, might boost your air a smidgen

I would do WHATEVER IT TAKES to get Macman to visit you for a day or two.

The dirt modified and sprint cars he works on are beautiful. Labor of love.

he could have that stove looking and running like new!!

Good luck.

Ranger

the old ranger said:
I would do WHATEVER IT TAKES to get Macman to visit you for a day or two.

The dirt modified and sprint cars he works on are beautiful. Labor of love.

he could have that stove looking and running like new!!

Good luck.

Ranger

Wow...thanks for the plug Ranger :red: I do like to make my stuff look and run the best I can, including the stove. For the right "bribe", I'd make the 4 hour ride up to Syracuse. ;-)
(been there MANY times....even raced mods & sprinter on the mile fairgrounds track.....170mph+ there in a sprinter...YIKES!!!)

My family has always been into racing and promotions. Everything to do with cars. Father raced dirt tracks and drag cars. Uncle races sprints. I've raced bikes and built rock crawlers. Built my dad a crawler a few years ago. Says it's the most fun ya can have going slow. :lol: I'm work in fabrication so I'm not afraid of getting a into things like this. I would much rather be enjoying the heat from it and not putting $$ and time into it. If ya wanna come out I can always bribe with free beer. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.