My old license plate - Stove1

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
You likey??
Actually, this was Martha's car. I only drove trucks and vans.....
Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 6.35.33 PM.png

Last edited:
Yep. me Ma and Pa had one around that vintage, not a wagon though. Glow plugs weren't worth a sh*t, had to keep it plugged in winter and summer. Beautiful interior, no power, rotted faster than any car I've ever seen. I have to say, though, I still see some of 'em around, prolly run on turkey drippin's........

Still one of those running around up here. Wealthy old gent with a summer camp ( mansion) on the lake. Tail fins and all.

Had more power than the 4 banger 190 4-door sedan it replaces. That was Martha's first car- bought from the Benz head mechanic for $1500.

4 on the floor - and more room inside than a checker cab!
66040595a.jpg
I had one of those Rambler inspired MBs for a month. It was a mess. Neoprene liner in the gas tank was peeling off and clogged filters constantly.

But you never looked so cool!

We bought ours with 120+K on it - at the time, that was considered very high mileage. Since it was owned by the head mechanic at the dealership, I think he fixed all that stuff. We didn't have any mechanical problems.

We did, however, have massive problems with the only new MB we bought in our lives...a 1994 C class. That thing needed a new head gasket at 25K and was always at the dealership. We dumped it at 40K miles.

Check out Albany NY craigslist Barter, for Nov. 14.

New Joisey?

Status
Not open for further replies.