My old store.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
This is a panorama of part of my stove shop - sold the business in 1998, but it is still there and a top-notch store...

look up Stoveworks in Medford NJ if you want to visit there.

Attachments

• swstore-copy.jpg
    swstore-copy.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 944
Nice store Craig. I can't tell what's under that copper hood because of the light coming from the window. Was that a barbeque area?

Here's some shots of my store, which is still a work in progress.

Attachments

• storeshot_travis.jpg
    storeshot_travis.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 822
  • storeshot_valor.jpg
    storeshot_valor.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 829
  • storeshot_vc2.jpg
    storeshot_vc2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 832
seaken said:
Nice store Craig. I can't tell what's under that copper hood because of the light coming from the window. Was that a barbeque area?

Your place is really nice...

The copper hood was our "wall of fire" which we created ourselves with 4 gas log sets on 2 levels. Our other store had an "Island" with 6 gas logs including double sided that has a hood hanging from the ceiling....

Our installer built the hood, which was installed over wonderboard and steel studs. A 12" chimney vented the thing, but I had to install a small piece of glass at the top front hanging down about 6" to avoid smoke rolling out.

It was neat cause we could show the products to a lot of people at one time...

Great store Sean. My friend just installed a Valor gas fireplace. It has the most realistic flames and glowing embers I've ever seen from gas. Very nice stoves.

Okay, now that I know what it is I think I can see the gas log sets when I look closer. That's a good idea. I never thought much of displaying gas log sets as cold displays but could never figure a good way to do burning displays. We lease our space so we are somewhat restricted from doing as you did with a make-your-own. We decided to not sell many log sets instead.

Sean

Webmaster said:
seaken said:

Your place is really nice...

The copper hood was our "wall of fire" which we created ourselves with 4 gas log sets on 2 levels. Our other store had an "Island" with 6 gas logs including double sided that has a hood hanging from the ceiling....

Our installer built the hood, which was installed over wonderboard and steel studs. A 12" chimney vented the thing, but I had to install a small piece of glass at the top front hanging down about 6" to avoid smoke rolling out.

It was neat cause we could show the products to a lot of people at one time...

Thank you. I have a lot of help from my wife and mother-in-law with the decorating. I am still working on the contruction. I got it done just enough to get into the burning season. Now I'm too busy to finish up. It will have to wait till spring.

Yes, Valor has been a nice unit for us. It fits into very small places and upgrades old victorian houses very nicely. I'll post a couple of recent jobs we did with the Valor.

Sean

BeGreen said:
Great store Sean. My friend just installed a Valor gas fireplace. It has the most realistic flames and glowing embers I've ever seen from gas. Very nice stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.