My OTHER Woodstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjorn773

Sep 12, 2007
Rockford, Illinois
This is my other woodstove. I built it a couple winters ago out of an old compressor and a parts washer. Like I've said before, I like to weld... a lot.

Attachments

• smoker. copy.jpg
    smoker. copy.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 964
Here are a couple before pics- The compressor

Attachments

• Compressor copy.jpg
    Compressor copy.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 820
And the parts washer.

Attachments

• Parts washer copy.jpg
    Parts washer copy.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 806
Nice job! Right down to the paint finish. At the lower left of the unit, is that where ya load the chips for smokin? Id love to try a hot smoke on some fish in that baby.
%-P

Yes, that's the firebox to the left. The smoke goes out the top of the firebox into a passage through the bottom of the main chamber. It comes out at the far right side of the main chamber, across the food and out the chimney. My personal favorite is pork butt/shoulder. 16 hours + apple/oak mix = good eats!!

Attachments

• firebox copy.jpg
    firebox copy.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 797
Status
Not open for further replies.