My pellet boiler is purring along and life is good.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richardin52

Mar 28, 2008
A farm in Maine
I just got done cleaning my Pinnacle PB 150 boiler. After it was clean I fired it up the flame looked a little too fast so I adjusted the fan vent about 3/16 of and inch let if burn for about ten minutes and put my hand on the flew pipe. I left it there for about 20 seconds pipe felt about right.

The Athens wood pellets I’m using heat well but make some ash. The boiler runs just fine anyway and the extra ash is no bother at all.

I’m heating a four unit apartment house with the boiler using about 2 bags a day right now. I got a wicked good deal (Maine lingo) on ten ton of pellets last summer at the plant when Athens just started up. I figure the boiler will pay for itself in 2 1/2 years.

Some people are hanging on to their oil heaters like it’s some kind of titty bottle.

Life is good and I’ll never use oil heat again.

Wicked good.

I love the idea of a pellet boiler. I may have to get one in a couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.