My Pellet Choices 2013

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dw06

Nov 15, 2010
SW Pa
I used lignetics pellets last two years, with couple tons of cheat river last winter. Now this year TSC is only carrying the hardwood heat. So got 4 bags, and they do put out good heat and have good bit of ash, sort of same as the ligs.
Also have Green Team and Easy Heat. Never tried the Easy Heat so got tow bags to try. They have a slight pine smell to them, and the 40lb bag filled the hopper full, which holds 50lb. I burnt them the last 4 nights, and was surprised at how clean they were with very little ash left. Heat was good also.
Here comes the question ;?:)
I am going to get 4-5 tons,the prices per ton are
Green Team $219
Hardwood Heat $199
Easy Heat $166.66 or 3 for $500

Read the reviews for the Easy Heats from last year, and most were not good. That's why I was surprised at how well they did. Do you think they have improved? Enough to go with just them for the winter?
Going to run a bag of Hardwood Heat and take some temps as best I can, and make the decision in next week or so. Was all SET on the Hardwood Heat till now lol.::P

If Hamer is still bagging the Hardwood Heat's, that would be hard to pass up. Would you be able to take a picture of the UPC code on the HH bags and post it here? You could also buy some of each?

Reactions: will711
Hardwood Heat @$199 gets my vote. Green Teams @$219 would also get my interest. Easy Heats I haven't tried or seen in my area(yet!).

I second the bar code request, If you have a minute?

Those prices are crazy low compared to here, you're lucky. After my brief test of Green Teams I think I'd jump on a few ton if I could get them that cheap. They burn almost 20 degrees hotter then what I was using last season. Neither of the others can be found here so I can't comment on those, but for those prices it's hard to go wrong!

Reactions: jtakeman
Hardwood Heat.jpg

Wow thanks for the info Jay !! I just checked out their web site.
I'll post some info on temps between the two tomorrow, as best I can. I let stove get warmed up good, put it on stove temp and take temps on #2 and #3. after being set for half hour or more. Does that sound good? Just want to be fair between the two.
Last year bought 2tons of Ligs and 2 Cheat river, and they dropped price to $178 after I told them what the price was up the road. I forget what brand they had. Don't think they will drop to $166.66 ton, but hey might get $10 off a ton just for trying.

Stopped in TSC to pick up 10 bags of their hardwood heat pellets to tide me over, and they had them for $178.50 a ton. Went ahead and bought 5 tons, and 10 bags to burn till I can get them hauled home. Depending on how the winter turns out, I should have anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 of a ton left over to start next fall. Pretty happy right now!

why is there such a big price difference between PA and CT?

Status
Not open for further replies.