My pellet is bigger than yours

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coloradan

Dec 9, 2009
South Central PA
Ok, now that I've got your attention... check out this baby! Courtesy of Green Team pellets. Noticed my auger making weird noises, so I guess it had one of these jammed in there. Numerous pellets over 2 inches. Guess I won't be buying anymore of these, as they're putting a terrible strain on my auger.

Anyone have any large pellet pictures/stories to share? (Please try to keep the content G rated) :cheese:

Attachments

• largepellet.jpg
    largepellet.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 364
NEWP from last year or the year before I can't remember.
Never had any jam ups from them though.
newp.jpg

I saw some Ozarks that long a couple of years ago. They didnt jam my auger but they did form a bridge in the bottom of the hopper where the pellets fall into the auger. I have a harmin stove and every now and then it would shut off as a result of no fuel falling into the uager. Guess size really does matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.