My pellet stash stacked and ready.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BradH70

Feeling the Heat
Feb 13, 2011
South West NH
My last two tons (LG's) were delivered this past Saturday and are now safety stacked in the barn with the other 4 tons. I'm hoping that I get some good results out of these pellets -- MWP blend and Granuals LG.

I'm also going to try some Turmans this season as well. And with that, I should have a good idea of what to buy for the 2013/14 season. If the pellets I have for this season turn out the be lousy, then I am going to go back to Okies and just deal with the extra cost.

One good note about the Granuals so far - they wrap those things as if they are going to be going through a monsoon! There was four layers of plastic around the pallet stack:
White cover that went about half way down, then....
Shrink wrap from top to bottom, then....
A heavy clear cover that went almost all the way down, then....
A thin clear cover that when all they way down to the pallet.

This is great for those that store their pellets outdoors, but for me, it seems like a huge wast of material/resources and now I have to take all that plastic to the transfer station.

Attachments

• 2012-13 pellet stash.jpg
    2012-13 pellet stash.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 179
Reactions: smoke show
You would be totally po's if any of those LG's had gotten wet on their long journey to you. For me that is a small price to pay.

Those LG's should burn just fine, remember to make the adjustments to your stoves for a change in fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.