My place

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mudbug250

Burning Hunk
Dec 17, 2011
Central Mississippi
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368141434.226627.jpg

Was admiring the view after I got finished cutting the yard. I like it when it greens up around here. Now that my honey do list is done I can get back to S/S.

Nice spread, Mudbug. I'm amazed at how the leaves are out on your trees like midsummer....our's are just sprouting out. Maples are out pretty good, as are the elms. But the mulberry and oak are just poppin' their buds......

Thanks Scotty. I love cutting grass but hate working in the landscaping beds around our house. It's just something about power equipment that makes work more fun.

Reactions: ScotO
Thanks Scotty. I love cutting grass but hate working in the landscaping beds around our house. It's just something about power equipment that makes work more fun.
I'm right there with you, my friend!
Love the smell of fresh cut grass, and the smell of that two cycle motor running.......just not real crazy about doing it two to three times a week!! Which is exactly how it is this time of year here!

I can usually get by with cutting once every week, and weed eating every two. Round up helps. Which reminds me a need to hook the sprayer back up to the mule

I can usually get by with cutting once every week, and weed eating every two. Round up helps. Which reminds me a need to hook the sprayer back up to the mule
I spent almost 2 hours running the weedwacker this evening, had to reload the dual string head THREE TIMES....

Thank God I only have to run the weedeater every two weeks, as well....

I spent almost 2 hours running the weedwacker this evening, had to reload the dual string head THREE TIMES....

Thank God I only have to run the weedeater every two weeks, as well....
If I have to use a two cycle for 2 hours I like it to be a chainsaw!

Reactions: ScotO
Happiness is 900 feet of woods between the house and the road. The yard looks like crap but nobody but me knows it.

Reactions: Stax and Delta-T
Happiness is 900 feet of woods between the house and the road. The yard looks like crap but nobody but me knows it.
I sometimes think to myself why I made the yard so big. It's a good 4 acres to cut. But is wide open so I can make good time on the Scag.

I have a thing for orange equipment :)

Probably already aware of, but I use "Preen" in areas that I don't want anything growing. Its a pre-emergent. Great labor saver in the beds.

Status
Not open for further replies.