My preseason pellet haul.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deezl Smoke

Feeling the Heat
Nov 28, 2015
Oregon
Coastal Farm and Ranch, (local chain) had a labor day sale on pellets. The pellets I use are Coastal premium. They normally sell at $219.50. Sale price which is still on is $199.50. And on labor day weekend, they also had a $20.00 gift card with each ton. So if you take the gift card off, that is $179.50. I buy their discount gift cards that they well twice a year. You get $600.00 card cash value for $500.00. Effectively giving you about a 17% discount. So $179.50 x .83 is roughly $148.98 per ton. I bought 3 ton. Oregon has no sales tax.
I'm happy.

Coastal Farm and Ranch, (local chain) had a labor day sale on pellets. The pellets I use are Coastal premium. They normally sell at $219.50. Sale price which is still on is $199.50. And on labor day weekend, they also had a $20.00 gift card with each ton. So if you take the gift card off, that is $179.50. I buy their discount gift cards that they well twice a year. You get $600.00 card cash value for $500.00. Effectively giving you about a 17% discount. So $179.50 x .83 is roughly $148.98 per ton. I bought 3 ton. Oregon has no sales tax.
I'm happy.

Wow, good deal! I paid $199/ton during the July sale at a different farm store in Oregon.

Good deal

We can only wish
you are one lucky SO$

You are my hero of the week! I love deals like this! The gift card game sometimes gets me 10% at Blowes, but never 17%.

Bill

Still wondering why the more desirous wood for pellets, softwoods from the northwest, cost much less per ton out there than less desirous trees in the northeast cost more per ton for users located in the northeast. I understand the softwoods are more expensive in the northeast because of shipping but what's the excuse for local timber in the northeast being more expensive per ton for users located in the northeast than our northwestern cousins experience with their local product?

Coastal farm and ranch is a pacific northwest chain only, but growing. Twice a year, and hopefully they continue to do so, they off gift cards at a 20% increase in value. The week leading up to fathers day, and again the week of black friday. You can not use those cards until the holiday event is over, but after that, they are as good as cash, no restrictions.

A direct competitor to Coastal is Wilco. They finally this past year started selling gift cars for a 10% increase in value.

Even though it may sound risky, I usually buy 1500 to 2000 dollars a year of Coastal's increased value cards. I combine that discount with manufacturers coupons and store sales. My dog needs a spendy food to agree with his sensitive tummy. So I wait until Coastal has a weekend sale of some kind, usually 10% on most things, then take a 25% manufacturers coupon and use my card to pay. I get 50 dollar a bag dog food for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.