My Progress has shipped!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HollowHill

Minister of Fire
Oct 29, 2009
Central NY
For all those still waiting and wondering, thought I would let you know that my Progress shipped today. So, they are getting them built and shipped. I ordered mine on August 31. Will be arriving in the area on Tues afternoon. I'm still waiting to hear from my installer when they will be able to install. Grinning from ear to ear :) :) :)

Woohoo, let 'em roll.

Congratulations! Exciting, indeed. Make sure to keep us posted.

Not to bring the thread down, but I seem to be having communications issues with Woodstock. I called today to check the "progress" of mine and they said it would be a couple weeks at least. I ordered the day after they started taking reservations (I don't remember the date). Later my dad ordered one too. Since everything was delayed so long we were told my stove wouldn't be delayed if we had them ship the two together (we're neighbors). However, today I was told the left side doors were going to take longer. My is right and dad's is left. Oh well, I'm just going to stop thinking about it. It will be here sooner or later. I might even still have wood to burn in it by then. :mad:

The good news is while I wait I'll be getting a bunch of reports on here so I'll be an expert when I do get it. ;-)

Congratulations HollowHill. I ordered one on October 8.

Waulie said:
Congratulations! Exciting, indeed. Make sure to keep us posted.

Not to bring the thread down, but I seem to be having communications issues with Woodstock. I called today to check the "progress" of mine and they said it would be a couple weeks at least. I ordered the day after they started taking reservations (I don't remember the date). Later my dad ordered one too. Since everything was delayed so long we were told my stove wouldn't be delayed if we had them ship the two together (we're neighbors). However, today I was told the left side doors were going to take longer. My is right and dad's is left. Oh well, I'm just going to stop thinking about it. It will be here sooner or later. I might even still have wood to burn in it by then. :mad:

The good news is while I wait I'll be getting a bunch of reports on here so I'll be an expert when I do get it. ;-)

That left hand door is the holdup. If you want yours sooner, you can opt to ship them separately. Hopefully the wait will be short.

Sorry to hear that, Waulie. When I heard that left hand doors were going to take longer, I switched to a right hand door. I think that the right hand door is actually going to work out better for my situation now that I rethink it. I was also leaning towards the plinth, but, again, didn't want to wait for the projected delay, so went with the standard legs and ash pan. Not so sure how I'm going to like the legs, the mock up of the stove seems so tall. I have no stove, so the delay is a big deal. We've been lucky with a mild fall, but the temps are falling as is the snow. Will be glad when the stove is installed and up and running! Hope yours comes soon.

Congrats HH I look forward to hearing about your experiences with the Progress and pics too!

Ray

Allrighty, HH !! can't wait for updates !!

Congrats! Look forward to hearing and seeing more! So, by the sounds of things here, mine will be held up. I ordered on 9/9, but needed a left hand door.

Congrats! You'll need to give us pictures to help us make it through the long wait. Our mid-November order for right-hand tall-legged one is expected the end of December. My wife confirmed that timeframe with them earlier this week (while inquiring about hex brass parts), so that should give you earlier orders (for the right door and leg combo) an outer marker.

Thanks all. Will try to get the camera in operational order. Will be sure to post updates. My learning curves are usually nothing short of hair-raising or hysterical, depending on your point of view.

Not so sure how I’m going to like the legs, the mock up of the stove seems so tall.

I think you'll find that tall is good. After being around so many older wood stoves all my life, my biggest issue with shopping around was how short most of the new stoves are (well maybe second biggest after firebox sixe). Granted, I'm 6'4" but I would think at any height taller is going to be more comfortable. It seems weird to have a stove practically at ground level, but that is how lots of them are made so maybe I'm crazy. I was actually thrilled to see that 10" leg height on the Progress.

That left hand door is the holdup. If you want yours sooner, you can opt to ship them separately. Hopefully the wait will be short.

I'm sure you're right, Dennis. I think I'm not going to mess with it anymore. My family is warm even if we're burning twice the wood we need to for the time being. Of course, unlike money, firewood actually does grow on trees. :cheese: And, I have lots of trees. Maybe another couple folks without stoves will get theirs sooner this way. I'm going to struggle with my supply this year regardless, but the stove will last a long, long time and I'm getting ahead so this is only temporary.

I've probably been more impatient than most, but I realized that I'm actually pretty blessed and love working in the woods. I don't need to stress (about this anyway ;-) ).

Congradulations!!! Hopefully mine will be here by January. Looks like a great stove up to 2000 sqft.

PapaDave said:
Great and exciting news, for sure. This may be the longest 4 days of your life. :ahhh:
Get all little duckies in a row for the arrival, and don't forget the pics.

Your gonna love it!

dpgoalie said:
PapaDave said:
Great and exciting news, for sure. This may be the longest 4 days of your life. :ahhh:

Your gonna love it!

I sure hope so, know I am predisposed to :) My heating situation is very similar to yours, I think, 2400 sq ft of drafty old farmhouse, so it will be interesting to compare notes. How is yours doing heating your place so far?

Waulie said:

I'm sure you're right, Dennis. I think I'm not going to mess with it anymore. My family is warm even if we're burning twice the wood we need to for the time being. Of course, unlike money, firewood actually does grow on trees. :cheese: And, I have lots of trees. Maybe another couple folks without stoves will get theirs sooner this way. I'm going to struggle with my supply this year regardless, but the stove will last a long, long time and I'm getting ahead so this is only temporary.

I've probably been more impatient than most, but I realized that I'm actually pretty blessed and love working in the woods. I don't need to stress (about this anyway ;-) ).

Good to know you are covered Waulie. You are indeed blessed when you love working in the woods. A great place to be!

HollowHill said:
dpgoalie said:
PapaDave said:

Your gonna love it!

I sure hope so, know I am predisposed to :) My heating situation is very similar to yours, I think, 2400 sq ft of drafty old farmhouse, so it will be interesting to compare notes. How is yours doing heating your place so far?

I can get the house as hot as I want. It gets warm because when the stove is half full, it foesn't like yo go below 425. So with the outside temps being 38-45, it stays above 80 in the house. The real test will be when January hits. Then I'll see what it can really do.

dpgoalie said:
HollowHill said:
dpgoalie said:
PapaDave said:

Your gonna love it!

I can get the house as hot as I want. It gets warm because when the stove is half full, it foesn't like yo go below 425. So with the outside temps being 38-45, it stays above 80 in the house. The real test will be when January hits. Then I'll see what it can really do.

Wow over 80 that's too much heat for me.. You can't run a smaller load and get the house about 75 max? How many sq. ft. is your home? When I saw the stove run at Woodstock I could see it pumps out lots of heat but it seemed pretty controllable..

Ray

raybonz said:
dpgoalie said:
Wow over 80 that's too much heat for me.. You can't run a smaller load and get the house about 75 max? How many sq. ft. is your home? When I saw the stove run at Woodstock I could see it pumps out lots of heat but it seemed pretty controllable..

Ray

Sure hope you're right, Ray. It seems like every other post this week has been about disasters with stoves (blowing up, running away, cherry red and warped, etc.), not what I needed right before I get mine. Gulp :ahhh:

Todd said:
Is it there yet! Is it there yet! :lol:

Quiet down kids. We're not there yet and we'll get there WHEN WE GET THERE. Not another word.... :shut:

Sorry, Todd just gave me a flashback to my childhood AND my early parenthood.

Sound familiar to anyone else.

How about now?

WoodpileOCD said:
Todd said:
Is it there yet! Is it there yet! :lol:

Quiet down kids. We're not there yet and we'll get there WHEN WE GET THERE. Not another word.... :shut:

Sorry, Todd just gave me a flashback to my childhood AND my early parenthood.

Sound familiar to anyone else.

Purportedly, asking if we were there yet was all I did when we drove from Texas to Connecticut. Mom took a valium or 2 and slept for the entire trip, Dad just gritted his teeth and gripped the steering wheel real tight. In my defense, I was only 3 and not known to be overly patient. Still not... It would probably be considered dorky to sleep on the loading dock with my stove to keep it company. Maybe I'll just bring it a blankie.

Status
Not open for further replies.