My Project is Complete! Kozy Heat Z42CD install.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damnit. Seeing that and it headed for the low fifties tonight. Something may get burned around here. >:-(

Can ya believe it Rick? Supposed to be 51 by sun-up in NOVA in early August!

Oh, I s'pose I can believe just about anything anymore...especially about the weather. Bizarre, it seems. I remember August in NOVA as being when I listened to the cursed A/C running pretty much all night and all day. Don't even have A/C out here. Warm, dry days, cool, dry nights. Love it!.

Hey dude...was it you talking about needing to color-match the mortar? If so, did you try the grout/paint thing I suggested? If it wasn't you, and you've no idea what I'm talking about, then...nevermind. :) Rick

We've been seeing mid-50 nights all summer long this year. Not good for ripening tomatoes! The house holds at about 70 with most of the windows closed. So no burning here for a measly 50 degrees.

BrotherBart said:
Damnit. Seeing that and it headed for the low fifties tonight. Something may get burned around here. >:-(

Can ya believe it Rick? Supposed to be 51 by sun-up in NOVA in early August!

Sounds more like da UP. Don't worry, I'll be back in DC next week, and that guarantees 90's. :-S

Rick,

It was me that needs to match mortar. I haven't tried yet, but I will let you know when I do.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. I tried out the blowers after the fire was hot, and I was pleased with the amount of heat it throws out. I had the house up to 73 degrees with all of the windows open!

I have a question gang - I have been reading a lot on this site about overheating or overfiring your stove. I want to make sure I don't do that with my new Kozy Heat, but I am not sure how to avoid this. The manual that came with it is quite generic, so no help there (I did read the whole thing before I fired it up). Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

I also have a Kozy Heat Z42. It's a great fireplace. I had the same problem regarding overfiring. The manual just says don't do it. It doesn't give you any specifics. I called Kozy Heat and the gal there said just don't burn kiln dried wood wrapping paper etc. That really didn't help all that much. My chimney sweep said to buy a magnetic temp guage and place it on the front door. He said I could run it into the red. I usually keep it around 500-600. That seems to work well. I hope this helps.

I forgot to include the before picture...here it is.

Attachments

• Fireplace1.JPG
    Fireplace1.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 460
Wow, I just saw your install and thread. Nice job. That is one nice looking backdrop! And the window to the sides are awesome. Great job!! I appreciate seeing nice work and good design.

This is perfect! I just put $ down on a Z42 and will be installing it myself. Your's looks awesome! Thanks for the pics and if you have any more information for me please post. Also feel free to email me. [email address deleted by moderator...best to use the PM function rather than post your email address on a public forum]

Nice looking unit, and you look all set in the back yard too. I bet you can't wait until next winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.