My rookie season mid report

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosshog919

Sep 26, 2013
North Jersey
So I'm reporting my experience so far with my new P35I Harman. First, I love this stove. For me the room temp seems to work best for me, with the cold on the east coast stove been running 24/7 room temp 70-75 keeps my 1600sq ranch a cozy 70-74 degrees. My feed is at 3-4 pending on the pellets. In this setting been using 2-3 bags a day. Now to pellets, I started with 2 tons of Barefoots,1.5ton of Prestologs, I was sure the BF were the ish..well they put out good heat but they are ashy. Like every morning I find that mustache on both sides of the burn pot. I felt like the ptls were right there with the BF..heat and ash wise. My stash is now in the single digits so I picked up 10 bags of Hamers hot ones, Wht a diff!! Burns hot and low low low ash!!! Oh did I say they burn hot!!! Definitely will be in my stash for the next season!! I have been dumping my ash pan every 3 days or so..I feel like that's a bit much so. hoping to rectify that on Friday. I will say that cleaning the stove has been a breeze. I'm always scraping with the tool whichs seem to be every time I walk pass the stove lol, but not soo much with the Hamers. Also the glass seem to make a M like stain after about 10-12 hours after cleaning it. So..I'm picking up some Okanagans Douglas firs on Friday and I'm stoked!!! These are said to be even hotter and lower ash!!! I know these are softies so we will see these will effect the glass and the ash dumping. To end I love my P35i and it feels great to not have to burn oil except for DHW!!! Screw those guys!!! Thanks for letting me share and I hope this helps someone!!

Burn Baby Burn:cool::cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.