My Son’s New Stihl

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigV

Oct 1, 2006
Akron, OH
My son after using my old Stihl 029 for 5 years decided it was time for his own.
He purchased a new Stihl 039 with 24" bar.
Then he proceeded to try it out in my back yard.
7 trees later....
He say's "it cuts GREAT!"

stihl039.jpg

This should probably be in the "Gear" forum, not the Woodshed.

I think this should be in the Gardening and Landscape Design forum.

Wow the saw felled trees into piles of splits Im gonna get me one.

I see we got the forum police in force :roll: looks like he did a good job for, can't beat havin him do your work

Now if I could talk one of my sons into buying a new saw, we have lots of trees they could practice on.

"Tom Sawyer" rings a bell here :lol:
If you are getting the wood anyway. Nice that he split it too. :)
Good pic!

Backwoods Savage said:
Now if I could talk one of my sons into buying a new saw, we have lots of trees they could practice on.

:lol: That really hits home

BigV said:
My son after using my old Stihl 029 for 5 years decided it was time for his own.
He purchased a new Stihl 039 with 24" bar.
Then he proceeded to try it out in my back yard.
7 trees later....
He say's "it cuts GREAT!"

stihl039.jpg

You better tell the wife to get her azz out there and start stacking.

You must be an old timer....lol If its new it will be a 390 or 391. ;-)

smokinjay said:

My apologies, after looking at the saw, it is a 391.

As far as old timers goes… In terms of cutting, splitting and burning I’ve been at it for 40 years so I guess you could say that I am “an old timerâ€. As far as old goes I am still in my prime at 53.

I cut, split and stack all my wood. I never buy wood and I heat my entire house with wood I cut. I have at least a 3 years supply seasoned and stacked and with all the wood my son just cut and split (in addition to rounds I have not split yet) I easily have at least another 3 years supply. I burn 6 to 7 cord of wood a year. My son is the only person that can keep up with me when it comes to cutting, splitting firewood, but he has grown up doing it just like I did.

I recently purchased the house next door and my son move in. Last week we completed installation on a new wood burning stove for him. Looks like he will follow in footsteps of this old timer... I like that!

BigV said:
smokinjay said:

My apologies, after looking at the saw, it is a 391.

As far as old timers goes… In terms of cutting, splitting and burning I’ve been at it for 40 years so I guess you could say that I am “an old timerâ€. As far as old goes I am still in my prime at 53.

I cut, split and stack all my wood. I never buy wood and I heat my entire house with wood I cut. I have at least a 3 years supply seasoned and stacked and with all the wood my son just cut and split (in addition to rounds I have not split yet) I easily have at least another 3 years supply. I burn 6 to 7 cord of wood a year. My son is the only person that can keep up with me when it comes to cutting, splitting firewood, but he has grown up doing it just like I did.

I recently purchased the house next door and my son move in. Last week we completed installation on a new wood burning stove for him. Looks like he will follow in footsteps of this old timer... I like that!

That is the very latest 391 Congrats two the both of you! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.