My SOTW

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Augie

Feeling the Heat
Nov 8, 2012
North Of Canada
Loving the arborist I have hooked up with. He dropped me a load of wood chips to do some landscaping about a week ago, got home yesterday to another load of wood chips I asked for, and he dropped in some cotton wood with it. I am working on reducing the grass I have to mow and planting perennials to really reduce the work I do every year to make the place look good. Now I wouldn't usually go looking for cotton wood, and wouldn't use fuel to go get it, but when dropped in the driveway cut into 18inch rounds, Ill take it. Yea I know only 12million BTU's per cord, but it is fast seasoning and should be ready for shoulder season. Split and stacked already in a sunny windy spot in single rows. Moving the wood chips around the yard.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.