My stacks for this season.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
Three cords plus a couple of armfuls. I probably won't burn all of it. I left some space between the rows because it just isn't seasoned as well as it should be. It's not bad, but it could be better.

Attachments

• DSCN0811 (Small).jpg
    DSCN0811 (Small).jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 650
Looking good! How long are those stacks?

I just finished up last night on stacking another load. Just a little shy of 5 cords for 2011/12 and hopefully beyond. I have mostly walnut and maybe two cords of elm and boxelder. If the weather holds I would like to get another cord or two cut and stacked before snow flies.

They are 16 feet long, 4.5 feet tall, 16" splits and there are 4 rows. I need to remeasure them just to be sure, but that does come out to 3 cords and that's what i was aiming at / hoping for.

My stacks are just about that length and height too. I didn't see the 4th row hiding back there.

"Danno77" looks good, I'll send you my level for the other stack that you are starting. :vampire:

zap

zapny said:
"Danno77" looks good, I'll send you my level for the other stack that you are starting. :vampire:

zap

Thanks, Zap. You can see I put some bricks under this end of it. i just thought the other end was level. guess it isn't. I'm probably gonna have to restack that whole stupid load of walnut.

Nice!
What kind of wood? Looks like I see some oak in the middle row.

Zap could just come visit & level them for you. :)

There is a lot of Oak, a lot of walnut, a bunch of elm, some hickory, some pear, some soft maple, and a small load of silver maple. I think that about covers it all. Mostly oak and walnut, though. Probably a full cord of each and the rest makes another cord.

Looks like a winner danno, you should be warm this winter. I have a little over 3 cord for this year and all of next year done as well. I honestly think with nat gas as low as it is that I may not burn 24-7 this year. Don't get me wrong, the fire will be going, just not constant feeding like normal... Nice stacks!

Nice rack(s)! Just hope yuor neighbor doesn't decide to burn some leaves durign a windy day and you're all set.

Looks pretty good Danno. Maybe if Zap comes with his level, I'll also show up with a square and will also teach you the art of building an end so you can get rid of those posts. lol

Backwoods Savage said:
Looks pretty good Danno. Maybe if Zap comes with his level, I'll also show up with a square and will also teach you the art of building an end so you can get rid of those posts. lol

What posts. :snake:

zap

Ya Zap, you use them too. ;-)

mr savage itruly wish i could biuld ends like you,ive got racks all over the place....
rod

Nothing to it Rod. Just takes a little practice and the right pieces. I'll bet you can do it better than I can.

Backwoods Savage said:
I'll bet you can do it better than I can.

I bet I can't. Nice looking stacks Danno.

Looks good Danno!! Neat and clean, my area is still a disaster and probable will be for a while.

Maybe we should start a petition for Savage to do an 'online' stacking course. I've tried a couple end stacks and they just fell over as the weight from the middle wood went higher, tried again and it fell over again...up went the steel posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.