My Stacks gone :(

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel for you on one hand, on the other hand thats how I got a lot of my wood one year, guy was moving and couldnt take wood with him = my gain.

That sucks. I feel your pain.Congrats on the new job though.

Sorry for the loss. You have a new hobby coming at you. Push the button for the A/C. :(

;lolGood luck on your move, your "new" work, etc. Hope the best for ya. You can still have a stove, you just won't need it as much. And may I suggest one of those backyard chimney type things so you can burn outside and enjoy the flames even when you don't need the heat. Oh, or maybe a wood burning oven so you could use the excuse that you are going to make dinner! Yes. That is not bad. Pizza, bread, etc. etc. Have you seen some of them in the post on here?

woodfiredoven.jpg Now this would be nice in the back yard.

If you rebuild, it will be better, taller, hotter.

We'll miss ya here in NJ Bass.

Too bad about all the labor spent and no personal enjoyment.

Now your a "Damn Yankee" welcome to the club:)
When you get settled in and decide if a stove is in the cards, there is a guy that sells them over in Bremen, GA out of a repurposed chicken house!!!!
They pronounce it BREE-MEN, still haven't figured that out:confused:

His name is Johnny, its worth the experience ~ 50mi west of the city
http://www.bollenshearthshop.com/index.php

I would quit my job before i gave up my wood. I almost quit the other day because work was potentially interfereing with a great scrounge. Luck was on my side though,I got to do both.

Reactions: raybonz
I would quit my job before i gave up my wood. I almost quit the other day because work was potentially interfereing with a great scrounge. Luck was on my side though,I got to do both.

Now thats dedication

Sad for sure. good luck in the new home. I'm not sure I'd be able to live in a place that doesn't have winter. I guess it gets cold down there too though and the good news is you'll probably onlt need a cord or two each year. It will be easy to get ahead.

That would be hard. All that work and no reward!!!!

Wow! Just wow! That was a beautiful sight, your fault for selling though! I would never sell a place that had cord wood lined property! :p

Bass , I feel your pain . We are neighbors, if I can help you let me know
Tom

Yeah - that's a summer time pic. Moving from NJ to Atlanta. Not even sure I will need a wood stove in HotLanta. Work is moving me.

Loved the responses - especially amazing grace! Good stuff. I knew you guys would understand. Yeah - the minute the for sale sign went up - my wood burning neighbors were asking about my stacks. They left smiling ear to ear. :) Well it was good exercise and fun anyway.
I live here in SC with a climate similar to atl, we get pretty much the same weather. Yes you still can use a stove here! maybe not as long. And if you have a house without insulation like me you will definitely need one as the electricity and or oil will kill you< but they say gas is cheap but I don't know its not available in the country here?

mighty fine lookin firewood fence stack

I live 45 minutes south of Atlanta. You'll still be able to have a stove. It's 33 degrees right now. We had several days this week where the high was 45-55 degrees. Usually u only need a fire at night.

Brutal

You could definintely use a wood stove in Atlanta. There isn't a lot of actual cold weather, but enough that you can probably burn a couple of cords a year.

That definitely is enough to make a grown man cry. However, you did it once and you'll no doubt do it again. Congratulations on the move and I hope it works out really well.

I'm so sorry. You probably made some newb wood burners happy, though?

Well hopefully the move is wanted and the new house and neighbor are good . . . I can completely understand the loss after having put in that much time and effort . . . but on the flip side it sounds like you made some money back on your labors and you're keeping someone warm this winter.

Shoot man, I feel for ya. With all that wood, you should have taken it with you. Would have been worth it to hire a truck to haul it. If we ever move, ALL my wood is going too.
Of course it helps that my brother just bought a semi tractor.;)

BUMMER
Good side;
Tax free money ;)
Proves fire wood is money , not a total loss of all that work
Prime time to sell fire wood is now.

Not that you need it, but, Good Luck
(anyone with 15 cords of hand split fire wood CSS, knows how to work hard & I'm sure you'll be just fine)

Very sad to hear that.

Dude... I don't know if I could have parted with that. I'm cringing just thinking of having to leave my wood pile behind, and it's not nearly as nice as that (less volume, and not nearly as much split).

Status
Not open for further replies.