My Stacks gone :(

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow.

those aren't woodstacks. that's bloody stonehenge! its prettier than most stonewalls i've seen.

wishing you well in atlanta

Good luck down there in Atlanta. I see you burned in a Z42. How did you like it? I have one now for several years. This is the first year I'm having a bit of trouble getting a hot fire going. I blew out the air supply but that didn't seem to do anything. I'm thinking maybe the wood itself not quite dry enough. Once the fire is going no problem. It would break my heart to have to give up what you had there. I love the months after Christmas when it's too cold to do anything but sit and burn the wood. I'm sure you could still use a stove down there.

I am just a few hours north of you in Greenville SC and I burn 3 cords a year. I have been told that there are laws about transporting fire wood over a certain distance due to relocating bugs. However, when I moved my movers took lots of stuff they were not supposed to such as a mountain of scrap metal and bags of concrete mix. I guess they charged the company by the weight.

Good luck down there in Atlanta. I see you burned in a Z42. How did you like it? I have one now for several years. This is the first year I'm having a bit of trouble getting a hot fire going. I blew out the air supply but that didn't seem to do anything. I'm thinking maybe the wood itself not quite dry enough. Once the fire is going no problem. It would break my heart to have to give up what you had there. I love the months after Christmas when it's too cold to do anything but sit and burn the wood. I'm sure you could still use a stove down there.

Andy,

I love my Kozyheat Z42. In fact, when I get to Atlanta, I plan to jerk the heatilator gas log out and put a Z42 in. I will be sure to post some pics. Mine has never given me any trouble - just a few door gaskets replaced as needed. I am also going to replace 1 noisy fan, but that's nothing for 5 years of use.

Gonna miss days like today - (2-4 inches of fresh snow) and shag bark burning in the stove. That stove really puts out the heat.

I made $ 1500 selling all that wood. It was worth twice that, but it went to friends and neighbors. I didn't want to give it away - that would have been even more painful. I have 2 pallets of shagbark left to get me thru until 12/15. Side yard sure looks bare. I use to love looking out the window - now it's just plain sad. You all go out and hug your stacks one time for me.

I appreciate hearing from you southern burners. There's hope for me yet. My home has a 1.3 acre lot with mostly oaks. I may have to do some clearing to make the back yard larger :)

One thing I am looking forward to - is year round fishing! Cutting and splitting wood for me up north was a perfect substitute for when the rough winters - took away my fishing. Won't have that issue down south! Yee Haw!

Good to hear Basswidow about your experiences with the Z42. I don't run across many people with them. I've had mine I think this is the 8th year. Yes, a new gasket about every 2 or 3 years. I can heat nearly my entire house with this thing, cept the basement :p Wish I could pull heat down. The only time I complain is when it's not cold enough out and the room gets too hot but hey, that's what windows are for right. I think I figured out why the starting has been a bit rougher this year. I always start out the year burning odds and ends, and not quite seasoned well enough. Well, good luck to you.

Man, commiserations, that is an awful hard way to earn it, but your good Karma cache should be filled to the brim.

Wish I had you as a neighbor, $100 a cord for seasoned wood, surprised your neighbor hasn't been on here posting pics of his latest scrounge! Ugh, all my neighbors are rentals and look at me weird while I am out working on my stacks because I am working to keep warm.

Hope it goes well for you down in GA, you can hop over to TN and do some good fishing there to!

Status
Not open for further replies.