My stacks so far

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODBUTCHER

Minister of Fire
Another 5 cords of scrounged wood almost processed.
I had this giant ash tree fall in my yard last month (don't know if you saw the post) this tree looked like it exploded when it fell.
It took 3 Saturdays to clean up the frigging mess it made.
Well anyways, my neighbor burned a gigantic pile of brush (while I was at a cook out last weekend.)
To make a long story short, a hot ember landed in the trunk and set it on fire into a smoldering mess. (like a giant cigar)
While I was gone, it took my neighbor ( he's a really nice guy to get along with) about 2 hrs to put it out.
He came over and apologized the next day...... and offered me more free wood.
A nice sized ash tree to boot.............well anyways, here's to another stack of free btu's this upcoming winter.
The back row is 50/50 Hickory/Red Oak close to 3yrs seasoned.................

WoodButcher

Attachments

• stacks_2011_02.jpg
    stacks_2011_02.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 281
  • stacks_2011.jpg
    stacks_2011.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 290
  • stacks_2011_03.jpg
    stacks_2011_03.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 274
  • stacks_2011_04.jpg
    stacks_2011_04.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 264
WOODBUTCHER said:
Another 5 cords of scrounged wood almost processed.
I had this giant ash tree fall in my yard last month (don't know if you saw the post) this tree looked like it exploded when it fell.
It took 3 Saturdays to clean up the frigging mess it made.
Well anyways, my neighbor burned a gigantic pile of brush (while I was at a cook out last weekend.)
To make a long story short, a hot ember landed in the trunk and set it on fire into a smoldering mess. (like a giant cigar)
While I was gone, it took my neighbor ( he's a really nice guy to get along with) about 2 hrs to put it out.
He came over and apologized the next day...... and offered me more free wood.
A nice sized ash tree to boot.............well anyways, here's to another stack of free btu's this upcoming winter.
The back row is 50/50 Hickory/Red Oak close to 3yrs seasoned.................

WoodButcher

WoodButcher, glad your neighbor was able to put the fire out. Your stacks looks great, seems up here all it does is rain so I'm waiting for some better weather then I can get my arse going again.

Zap

+1, sweet looking stacks. Was it all scrounged?

WoodButcher, glad your neighbor was able to put the fire out. Your stacks looks great, seems up here all it does is rain so I'm waiting for some better weather then I can get my arse going again.

Zap[/quote]

I'm behind this year, I have a 6 year old and a 6 month old. Time is spent in other places...........glad I have cherry, ash and red maple to season quick......
All its done is rain, the sun came out after work so I snapped some pics......here is what it looked like for about 2 weeks (see picture) dismal

WB

Attachments

• DSC_4122.jpg
    DSC_4122.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 260
WOODBUTCHER, glad this has worked out for you. The wood stacks look nice and I certainly understand what you mean about spending time in other places. Love those kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.