my stacks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
not as fancy as most of em here but these are mine...all oak, hickory, with just a we bit of cherry and maple....also have about a cord of firewood in the woodshed...the stack on the right is all white oak..looks green but its dry as a bone..dead standing tree that was ripe for the cutting

2011-08-24113842.gif

Looks great steeltowninwv.

Hey, why 3 strands of hot wire? What do you have in that pen besides yourself?

[quote author="steeltowninwv" date="1314215143"]not as fancy as most of em here but these are mine...all oak, hickory, with just a we bit of cherry and maple....also have about a cord of firewood in the woodshed...the stack on the right is all white oak..looks green but its dry as a bone..dead standing tree that was ripe for the cutting

steeltowninwv, nothing wrong with those stacks, great mixture of wood also.

zap

hot wire is to keep the wood thieves out..nah..its to keep the dogs in....and below the wood piles i have about 2 acres with goats in it..fence is alot higher back there

Nice job, looks like the cross stacks are doing the trick. You got some big ones in the yard too, I was looking at the hot wire too.

Looks great to me

Very nice!

Don't p on the fence :bug:

Very nice. You sacrificing the bottom pieces of the stack by having them on the ground?

Btw, I'm very jealous of that setup. Absolutely gorgeous looking wood pile to me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.