my stacks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

punchy

Burning Hunk
Jul 28, 2011
mid mo
added some more today. 45' long 6' high. the newest wood is maple, and most of the other is red oak.

Attachments

• IMG_0632.jpg
    IMG_0632.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 515
  • IMG_0633.jpg
    IMG_0633.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 533
  • IMG_0634.jpg
    IMG_0634.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 537
  • IMG_0635.jpg
    IMG_0635.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_0636.jpg
    IMG_0636.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 534
Good looking stacks and real nice spot! Cheers!

Nice pics punch, keep at it! :)

punchy said:
added some more today. 45' long 6' high. the newest wood is maple, and most of the other is red oak.

Great looking stacks punchy, looks like that area gets plenty of sun & wind for seasoning.

zap

Maple and Oak.....can't go wrong there.

Nice stacks. I especially like how you can keep adding skids to lengthen it.

Nice looking stacks. I've been meaning to ask how you get the ends all aligned so straight. Do you use, like, a laser beam or something?

Looks like another set of stacks shot w/a transit... ;-) Looking great there punchy!

Very nice neat stacks of wood.
Great location for seasoning. Nice set-up.
Oak & maple is some of the best wood :)

Good looking stacks. Looks like a couple of good helpers too.

thanks everyone, it is a good feeling as more gets put up for the future. the yellow dog doesnt help much, she is 13 now. i do have another german shepherd not in pics, both of them 'help' quite a bit with relocation of splits when i am splitting. i know next spring my mower will find a split somewhere i wasn't splitting.

Nice pics of your stacks. Thanks for posting them.
What are you using for end posts, and how do you drive them into the ground?

all ideas from here. on pallets, fence 't' posts driven by hand post driver, poly rope tied between posts about 1/3-1/2 way up on post to keep from spreading open. my wife marks what we are cutting with a spray paint dot by using a piece of dowel rod to what size my stove likes. i don't use lasers or transits, but thanks for all the compliments.

The wood stacks are great . . . the view is even better. Thanks for posting.

Nice work punchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.