My stash for this winter w/pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
burntime said:
How about a pic of your log splitter jags, I am wondering how hard to add a log lifter to my 25 ton speedco splitter.

The way I did it, made it very easy and functional (already had the battery for electric start) I will post 2 pics in separate posts to maximize size.

Attachments

• 005sm.jpg
    005sm.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 313
and # 2

$50 HF winch (power in AND out).

Note the up/down hand control on the ram. At the push of a button.......

Attachments

• 003sm.jpg
    003sm.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 306
Very nice wood lot you have Brooktrout. You have been a busy beaver this spring. Those are large rounds but you and your splitter seem to be handling them well.

Carl said:
Very nice wood lot you have Brooktrout. You have been a busy beaver this spring. Those are large rounds but you and your splitter seem to be handling them well.
I got the splitter used for $500. 8 hp Honda engine, 25 ton. Works great.

no man said:
Better move that wood away from the road or some bum might help himself to your pile. That wouldn't be good.
Well, I have been thinking about that. I've had a few conversations with some locals about it, and they said they never had any trouble. A lot of burners around here. We're pretty rural, about one house every 1/4 mile or so. That's really the only suitable spot that stays dry and gets full sun all day. I waas thinking a fence or camera, maybe just let the labs lick them to death....really, though, I try to stay positive about that kind of stuff- keys are left in the vehicles, nothings ever locked, even when we go away for a week or so. Come to think of it, I don't think I even have a set of keys to the house....

Where I grew it is like that. Not here though it's not a high crime area but there are still people around that always look for free stuff. Nice wood stack by the way.

brooktrout said:
BrotherBart said:
The big ole Buck is gonna be well fed.
You got that right- I split alot of the hard maple into huge chunks- 12'' splits for overniters. Some of the logs were well over 30" in diameter- check this one out giving the splitter a run for it's money!

Can you convert the splitter to a vertical pos.?.. It hurts my back just by looking at the picture... lol

CK-1 said:
brooktrout said:
BrotherBart said:
The big ole Buck is gonna be well fed.
You got that right- I split alot of the hard maple into huge chunks- 12'' splits for overniters. Some of the logs were well over 30" in diameter- check this one out giving the splitter a run for it's money!
Actually, when I bought it, I had a choice between that one or one that went vert/horiz. But this one was in far better shape with a bigger ram.

Can you convert the splitter to a vertical pos.?.. It hurts my back just by looking at the picture... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.