My stockpile is growing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryjen

Burning Hunk
Feb 2, 2014
north carolina
Picked up some more wood over the weekend with my brother-in-law. We still have about 3 times this much to go back and get, but we ran out of daylight. Once I get it all split, divided between us two, and stacked. I'll get a picture. I'm guessing I'm going to get about 6 or 7 cords, if not more, out of this and what we have left to get.
That's not a bad start!

IMG_1096.jpg

Nice - try to spread the fun over time. Too much at once and you may get over stimulated and crash:)

Not sure about that Cajun. In fact, I'm upset that I'm not getting more. Is trying to build up a 7 year supply in 3 weeks too much to ask?

Just kidding

But seriously, I'm trying to get all I can now while the weather isn't too hot to be out cutting and hauling. I feel I have about a 2 month window before the dreaded southern humidity kicks in. You , being in GA, know what I'm talking about.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Looks like you are off to a good start....

Not sure about that Cajun. In fact, I'm upset that I'm not getting more. Is trying to build up a 7 year supply in 3 weeks too much to ask?

Just kidding

But seriously, I'm trying to get all I can now while the weather isn't too hot to be out cutting and hauling. I feel I have about a 2 month window before the dreaded southern humidity kicks in. You , being in GA, know what I'm talking about.

I agree about the humidity and heat. That is why we do our cutting during the winter. Well, except this winter...

Im actually excited to have some heat to cut in soon, Im tired of the cold

My tune will probably change after the first 90 degree day though ;lol

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.