My storage area is full...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KaptJaq

Minister of Fire
Jan 31, 2011
Long Island, NY
My storage area is full. Now is the time to get the maul out and get to work...

Img_1722a.jpg Img_1721a.jpg

That is two large red oaks, one maple, and one beech. About 80% red oak. Never was more that 100 yards from my driveway when I gathered it and there is still a lot more out there.

KaptJaq

all of it looks clean and easy splitting too........................that was a very nice scrounge for you. It will treat you well

all of it looks clean and easy splitting too.......

There is sooo much out there I left the uglies at the curb for the town clean-up crew. I split by hand and don't want to work too hard if I don't have to.

KaptJaq

Glad you are getting use from the downed trees.
Looks to be premium wood too. Gonna make some real nice splits :)
To bad you are running out of room.
Is there still lots of good wood there for the taking?

Yes. The town has only cleared the main roads. All the side streets are still cluttered with downed trees and that does not count what is in people's yards or at the town staging areas. At the rate they are going there will be plenty around until it starts to rot.

Sorry you are so far away, some good scrounging around here.

KaptJaq

I'd be tempted to get that lot split, and find a way of increasing your storage area.

It's almost impossible to have too much wood.........;)

There is sooo much out there I left the uglies at the curb for the town clean-up crew. I split by hand and don't want to work too hard if I don't have to.

KaptJaq

I agree. In these times of plenty there is no reason to fight with those uglies.

My limited storage space is a problem too.

Wish that wood was in my stack!

Great looking rounds! Looks like fun, and will be wonderful heat in a couple years.

Yes. The town has only cleared the main roads. All the side streets are still cluttered with downed trees and that does not count what is in people's yards or at the town staging areas. At the rate they are going there will be plenty around until it starts to rot.

Sorry you are so far away, some good scrounging around here.

KaptJaq

A few years supply of Oak would be a treat for sure.
"Get it while the getting is good". ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.