My stove actually shut off today....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harman Lover 007

Minister of Fire
So we're having a really nice day here in Mass today. It's the first day above freezing in nearly two weeks. The sun is out and it's 45 degrees....holy crap, I wasn't sure this was ever going to happen. My stove actually shut off for the first time in months!!! It's 72 inside the house.
I know it's a small victory, but I'll take it....

I shut mine off a few minutes ago because it was 79 degrees in here.
Will give it a quicky cleaning this afternoon before turning back on tonight.
Nice to see some blue sky and bright sun for a change.

Reactions: Lfdp13RET
So we're having a really nice day here in Mass today. It's the first day above freezing in nearly two weeks. The sun is out and it's 45 degrees....holy crap, I wasn't sure this was ever going to happen. My stove actually shut off for the first time in months!!! It's 72 inside the house.
It's been off for a couple hours now...man it's quiet in here....

Reactions: Lfdp13RET
Couple of firsts for me today too. First my wife said "it is hot in here" for the first time which prompted me to just turn my Accentra insert down from 90 for the first time since nov. I put the room temp on 70 so here's to hoping it shuts down today! She has been a workhorse this year trying to heat my 3800sft, lol.

Reactions: Hoot23
I went to switch the stove off about an hour ago and the wife looked at me like I had 2 heads. She requested it to stay on. Definite shut down tomorrow for a cleaning. These Lg's have my ash bin almost full after 3weeks.

Reactions: Luvmesomesamples
HA I was just thinking the same thing. Wife said it was too hot and the thermostat said 79! I keep my on manual and it's been in maintenance burn since like 10am. It's nice to open the hopper door and finally not see it mostly empty.

I flipped mine into room temp and saw right away it was in low burn mode, looked at the thermometer in the dining room and it said 76 deg. I figured well might as well shut it down to clean. I did that, the house dropped to 71 while it was off ( I cleaned the flue liner as well, so it took a bit of time). It hit 45 outside today but it's dropping already, the stove now going in room temp auto for the time being. But , that's the first time I shut it down to clean and the boiler didn't kick on, which is set at 67 !!!

Mine shut down today all by its self. Because it ran out of pellets. I let it run out because I wanted to clean out the hopper and give the stove a cleaning of top to bottom. Hoping the weather gods will kick old man winter in the pants so we can have a normal spring.

It was nice to shut it down @73, leave for 3 hours and come home to 71 on the thermostat ! Gave it a good cleaning and cranked it back up. We're almost there( spring) one storm for next week. Then I m hoping that's it .

We had to turn ours done a level too. I was roasting and the dogs were panting, it was 85 degrees!

Status
Not open for further replies.