my stove hates stove chow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

magsf11

Feeling the Heat
Jan 31, 2009
buffalo ny
Yep... after the test I did, now my St. Croix hates them. I can't get good heat ( 160 on med 3.5 lbs per hr and that's with a clean stove), of course when I did the test it was not this cold out( teens at night, high 20's/low 30's daytime). I know I now have found my Shoulder season pellet for next yr. I just think to myself when I first got the stove I thought a pellet was a pellet, have learned so much from ya all. Just want to post my NEW out come with the chow.

Interesting Jim. They work well in my Prescott.
Good heat average ash and due to the smaller cut they burn a little slower than
the Greene Teams I'm burning now.

I burned about 10 bags a few months ago. Being even more ignorant about pellets then than I am now, they seemed ashy, but gave good heat. The Instant Heat pellets I'm burning now have more ash, about the same heat. Sounds like you got a bad batch, maybe. 160 seems on the cool side.

Hey Jim - I'd be willing to buy some of the Stove Chow to take some off of your hands at price if you want to make room for a better/hotter pellet - let me know. The Chow burned great for me this season, one of the hottest pellets I burned, but there is variance in how pellets will burn in different stoves.

PM me if you're interested in selling some of those bags (I'm not looking to buy all of them, a ton or less), and I can bring the truck over with some cash since I don't live too far from you. I'd do all the loading of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.