My Stove. pic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger72

Minister of Fire
Oct 11, 2014
Long Island, NY
10003431_10205135675216735_100534033272373584_n.jpg
My Whitfield WP2 Advantage . Was in the house when I bought it three years ago, but was all wrong. Stove was plugged and vented wrong. I ran a 4" stainless liner down the chimney. The gate is just for the kiddies

Last edited:
This is freaken nice. Maybe short on the glass to floor, but easy fix with hearth pad. Like too the ceiling angles (cornice work), wall and cabinet colors. Someone knows what they are doing...

Haha thank you. The stove is higher than it looks

Regardless of height and I'm sure others will chime in, you should have about 18" from glass (horizontal) to floor. Like I say, easy fix and with somebody's talent your way, am sure will pick out something to accent. Very nice layout.

Thank you for the kind words! The bottom of the glass is 22" from the floor. I have used the stove for the past three seasons and it has no problem heating my ranch. I call it the heat beast.

Very hard to beat the older Whitfields. Both style and function.

Reactions: Ranger72
Not sure about this particular model, but the Enviro M55 calls for all of 6" clearance in the front per manual.

I have the Advantage II control board already. I am considering the aftermarket upgraded burn grate, but not sure if it is worth it or not. Anyone have it in their Whitfield?

Of course the day after I post this the low limit switch went bad. Ordered a new one and jumped it for now.

Last edited:
Of course the day after I post this the low limit switch went bad. Ordered a new one and jump it for now.
Minor issue and still not really into the heating season so it doesn't count as it was just a test fire:)

great stove !!! Had a whit for my first stove, my brother is using it now. Think his low limit switch is also bad. your switch is an easy fix an you can still use the stove.

They are a real work horse. Only bad thing is they sold out an not made anymore.

Looks great enjoy the burn.

I have only owned this one, but the damn thing heats like the devil! Good thing parts are still available. If I remember correctly, my stove was manufactured in 1991. I was 7 years old.... Haha.

Nice looking room. Where on LI are you? Hicksville here.
You have already enjoyed the benefits for 3 years. What is your secondary source of heat? Oil, gas?

Bill

East Islip. I have gas and as cheap as it is, aren't we all little pyros at heart? Haha

Howdy Ranger,
Pyros are good! Nice looking set up and a high and a squared away home. Well done! Drive on! I think I see a dust bunny behind the chair in the right hand corner below your thinking cap in the photo. LOL! Better go check......

What the experienced people are saying is not to the floor but directly out 90 degrees from the front of your unit from the glass / door. They don't want to see your burn that nice hardwood floor with the door open for some reason. Cleaning, scraping the box and a hot one drops, and so on. Not sure about codes and the like up there. Sure they are ridiculous.

Ahh, gotcha. And trust me, my kids destroy the place. Haha. Thank you for the kind words!

Ahh, gotcha. And trust me, my kids destroy the place. Haha. Thank you for the kind words!

Sure, blame it on the kids brother. Hanging out around here you may need to blame them one day. Your place is vey nice and spotless except for that one single leaf in the yard you overlooked. I'm messing with you. Better save the kid blaming trump card for when you need it with the wife like these dudes stealing the better half's silverware, spatulas, and such to clean the ash pot. Sure you can do that too, but when she is going nuts looking for it and asking if you've seen it I would suggest you play dumb and as soon as you can grab it and toss it into the sand box or out by the swing set and play real. real dumb. Ugh, no honey, haven't seen it..........LOL!

The people here look out for one another too. That is a nice stove (looks new) and if you have to throw some simple maintenance money at it you are still way ahead of the game. I'd rather burn pellets and/or wood than to pay the utility co. a dime. We'd get along just fine. That's the way I think also. In fact, I'd rather burn $5 worth of pellets than to pay them that dime. Just say'in. Is it right? Well that's debatable. BTW in 1991 I was 22 and I am a pup around here from what I know. Tons of old school pellet humpers here that know their stuff and know it well. Always happy to help out too. I am new to pellets myself. Newer than you by two years if this I your 3rd season. I should have gone pellets decades ago. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.