My Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mackman

Nov 28, 2013
South east PA
Well since im new around here i will share my set-up. I have a Earth Stove MP35/50. The stove is about 17 years old. I remember going with my dad when i was like 13-14 when he bought it. My dad took such good care of this stove. All it has ever needed was a control board. Just yesterday i replace both blower motors on it. One started making a litttle noise. So i found them online and both shipped to my house was like 245.00 bucks. Got them install and boy what a difference.

Next question i have is. How can i tell if its running on 35 or 50??

My dad passed away about 2 years ago and i moved into the house and bought it off my mom. So thats how i got the stove. Here are some pictures.

Out with the old. In with the New.

Some good old stove chow lol

The stove running like a champ

Welcome to the forum Mackman.

IHATEPROPANE has a very valid reason for telling you about that lid.

Failure to close pellet stove lids can allow a normally smoky mess to become a raging inferno if you have a burn-back leading to the hopper.

Somewhere on this machine I think I might still have a manual for that stove maybe I can find it later and see what it takes to switch it.

Best of luck to you, your dad would be proud and happy to know you rebuilt his stove.

Bill

Yeah, close that hopper lid.

P.S. We need pics of the inside of your safe also...

Hey lookie at what I found hiding on this system.

Earth Stove manual

Attachments

• EARTH_STOVE_MP35-50.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,271
Reactions: Mackman
Hey smokey thanks alot for the owners manual. I think the stove is running at 50k BTU. have to wait for the hopper to empty out to double check. I was reading on here about the lid. It will be closed now. Funny thing is for the past 15years i dont think it was ever closed lol.

About the safe..... Lets just say i like precious metals :)

Hey smokey thanks alot for the owners manual. I think the stove is running at 50k BTU. have to wait for the hopper to empty out to double check. I was reading on here about the lid. It will be closed now. Funny thing is for the past 15years i dont think it was ever closed lol.

About the safe..... Lets just say i like precious metals :)

He he, understood on the metals.

Just watch it around that cup I understand it has a habit of cutting anything put into it including fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.