My stump

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood spliter

Jan 8, 2010
Long Island, ny
They dug up a stump when my pool area was leveled. It was around 4' 3'. Started working on it this weekend.

Attachments

• stump.jpg
    stump.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 385
Get the big saw! ;-P

wood spliter said:
They dug up a stump when my pool area was leveled. It was around 4' 3'. Started working on it this weekend.

Spiter, get that bar dirty. Did some stump removal myself Monday but nothing that big.

zap

You will tear up a few chains with all the dirt and rocks in there. I would make as few cuts as possible to get pieces small enough to haul away. Just not worth work needed to get any wood out it. But that's just what I would do.

Tom

wood spliter said:
There is a chain in it. Hit it. And allot of dirt. I did some cutting, I guess the sledge and wedges are a challenge!

I would take my chances with the saw. I done stumps that took a tank and a half of fuel! Its tough cutting for sure. Keep the air filter clean.... ;-)

zapny said:
wood spliter said:

Spiter, get that bar dirty. Did some stump removal myself Monday but nothing that big.

zap
I borrowed the saw from the guy I lent the splitter to. I guess its a good thing I can sharpen them

xman23 said:
You will tear up a few chains with all the dirt and rocks in there. I would make as few cuts as possible to get pieces small enough to haul away. Just not worth work needed to get any wood out it. But that's just what I would do.

Tom
Yup, my orders are to get rid of it one way or another.

1. drill a hole

2. drop "boom stick"

3. light fuse

4. run like hell

edit: sorry, I didn't see there was a chain in it. Amend #4 to run like hell really far away.
and by the way, I'm just kidding. Don't blow it up. :shut:

wood spliter said:
my orders are to get rid of it one way or another.

I had similar orders with a similar chain, spike, metal fence and who knows what else ridden stump. Knocked it down, filled around it and compromised on what was left until time has its way with it.

Attachments

• 091011 stump grinding.jpg
    091011 stump grinding.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 224
  • 101211 pumpkin stand.jpg
    101211 pumpkin stand.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 243
Status
Not open for further replies.