My success this morning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corey21

Minister of Fire
Oct 28, 2010
Soutwest VA
well today i got to finally see for my self the benefits of truly seasoned wood lit the stove 3 black gum splits and 4 sticks of kindling and 1/4 of super ceder. Had a little trouble starting cause it was in the high 40's outside but inside it was 61. Stove went to 400 then i closed air control about half way come back 10 minutes later and it was 500 stove top closed air to just barely open it rose to 550. stayed there for a good while also had secondary burn only for about an hour.

I have been doing good before this this fall but i had one of firebrick out of the baffle from last years trouble. Got the brick in place and that was the results im a happy man today.

Also i would like to say thank you to pen he has been helping me for the last few days.

Nice, glad to hear of your success! I'm patiently (Okay, impatiently) waiting for cooler weather around here!

Reactions: corey21
Just checked the stove i could reload if heat was needed still have good glowing coals and stove top a little above 200.

Status
Not open for further replies.