My Summer Project

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun

Dec 30, 2005
Wolcott, CT
After several years of dealing with tarps blowing in the wind, tarps being frozen to the ground buried in snow, I finally decided to build myself a woodshed. I ended up making the shed 12x16 but built the roof a full 16x16 so I have a nice overhang in the front. The shed is not yet complete, but I started filling it up with all my wood that I have split and stacked at my house. I am getting some rough cut lumber that is about 1"x6" that I will be putting up as some siding. When that goes up next week, I will be leaving some spaces so that the wood inside will still get some nice ventilation. I will be sure to post some updated pictures once the siding is complete. I also plan on bringing more fill in to raise the grade so I don't have to use the 2x6 ramp that I currently have. Any way I look at it now, I am better off than I was before.

Attachments

• Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 625
  • Side.JPG
    Side.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 623
Shaun said:
After several years of dealing with tarps blowing in the wind, tarps being frozen to the ground buried in snow, I finally decided to build myself a woodshed. I ended up making the shed 12x16 but built the roof a full 16x16 so I have a nice overhang in the front. The shed is not yet complete, but I started filling it up with all my wood that I have split and stacked at my house. I am getting some rough cut lumber that is about 1"x6" that I will be putting up as some siding. When that goes up next week, I will be leaving some spaces so that the wood inside will still get some nice ventilation. I will be sure to post some updated pictures once the siding is complete. I also plan on bringing more fill in to raise the grade so I don't have to use the 2x6 ramp that I currently have. Any way I look at it now, I am better off than I was before.

See, now this is how it starts. Nice job!

Nice job Shaun. I am right down the hill from you (not sin city, east).

KC

Super shed. Great pic - thanks.
A nice fire pit nearby, a couple of chairs - you've got your own Reality Show!
Happy burning.

Very nice . . . hopefully I'll have pics of my woodshed when it's completed in a few weeks.

Good work Shaun.

Awesome shed! I wish I had one! Just to be on the side of safety- Because of that huge overhang in the front, I would put some hurricane strapping securing those roof rafters to that front girder. And make sure the girder is strapped to the posts, not just nailed. I know it may be a little overkill, but considering how inexpensive the strapping is, and considering what a great thing you've got there, I would definitely do it. Protect your investment! Definitely post those finished pics too!

Status
Not open for further replies.