My Supply of Firewood with PICS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oregon Bigfoot

Feeling the Heat
May 21, 2011
Northwest Oregon
I've been wanting to post pics of all my firewood here, but never had a camera at my sister's house, where my hardwood is stored and seasoning.

I made it over to my sister's today to drop off several loads of branches to the burn pile, from the tree I cut down today (see my other post). I finally got a picture of my next two years worth of hardwood. I'm estimating I have 3.6 cord hardwood. The wood on the left side of the stacks is all oak cut/split between Feb - April 2011. The wood on the right is 2/3 oak, and 1/3 ash/hawthorne (back row and a half) cut/split April - November 2011.

I also reposted another pic of my estimate of 1.4 cord of Douglas fir, and a bit of white fir, sitting in my driveway. So now you can see all my current stored heating fuel.

For your enjoyment, I also took a picture of a huge Douglas Fir tree that is 5+ feet across at eye level. There is an even bigger Douglas fir tree on their property that is easily 6+ feet across, but it was raining, and too muddy to get to it for a picture.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• DSCN2396.jpg
    DSCN2396.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 569
  • DSCN2397.jpg
    DSCN2397.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 543
  • DSCN2352.jpg
    DSCN2352.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 551
  • DSCN2398.jpg
    DSCN2398.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 540
Those are some very nice stacks. Look like you took the time to put them up properly. My hard is very hilly so its hard to get a nice pile. What type of wood is on the third picture?

Are you sure you don't have closer to 3.757 cord of hardwood and 1.43 cords of softwood ?? :lol:
Nice work there. It's always a good feeling to get ahead of the game.

Oregon Bigfoot said:
I've been wanting to post pics of all my firewood here, but never had a camera at my sister's house, where my hardwood is stored and seasoning.

I made it over to my sister's today to drop off several loads of branches to the burn pile, from the tree I cut down today (see my other post). I finally got a picture of my next two years worth of hardwood. I'm estimating I have 3.6 cord hardwood. The wood on the left side of the stacks is all oak cut/split between Feb - April 2011. The wood on the right is 2/3 oak, and 1/3 ash/hawthorne (back row and a half) cut/split April - November 2011.

I also reposted another pic of my estimate of 1.4 cord of Douglas fir, and a bit of white fir, sitting in my driveway. So now you can see all my current stored heating fuel.

For your enjoyment, I also took a picture of a huge Douglas Fir tree that is 5+ feet across at eye level. There is an even bigger Douglas fir tree on their property that is easily 6+ feet across, but it was raining, and too muddy to get to it for a picture.

Enjoy!

Bet nobody wants to see the wood stack that I had fall today while I was at work....what a hearbreaking scene to come home too...guess i didn't do as good a job as those pics

RORY12553 said:
Oregon Bigfoot said:

Enjoy!

Bet nobody wants to see the wood stack that I had fall today while I was at work....what a hearbreaking scene to come home too...guess i didn't do as good a job as those pics

What goes up must come down.....we just hope that it comes down at our chosen pace. It happens to the best of us. That is except Zap and Dennis :)

KatWill said:
Those are some very nice stacks. Look like you took the time to put them up properly. My hard is very hilly so its hard to get a nice pile. What type of wood is on the third picture?

That's the Douglas Fir.

Locust Post said:
RORY12553 said:
Oregon Bigfoot said:

Enjoy!

What goes up must come down.....we just hope that it comes down at our chosen pace. It happens to the best of us. That is except Zap and Dennis :)

Yes unfortunately you are right...I knew it was a little shaky once i got to the top of the stack but figured it would hold...oh well at least its split and really can't complain majority i scrounged split already and will be good to go next year

You have a nice understanding sister. :)
Some real nice stacks. Separated the Oak for 2013-14 winter ?
I bet you posted the pics so you can look at it every day. LOL :lol:
Nice stack of wood in your driveway too. (I think you are a "bark up" stacker at your place, bark down at the other) :)
Should season well !

Good work, Bigfoot! Two years ahead is a nice place to be. :cheese:

RORY12553 said:
Bet nobody wants to see the wood stack that I had fall today while I was at work...
You lose that bet. I would like to have seen a pic. I'm sick, I know. :lol:
I had part of a row blow out a few months back. I had it half picked up by the time I thought of taking a pic. I won't make that mistake if it happens again, which I'm sure will, sooner or later. I rebuilt that blown-out row a lot more solidly the second time. Got a wider base on the runner timbers and a more vertical stack. I think it's harder to build a stable stack with 16" splits than it would be with 20+"...

Status
Not open for further replies.