My T5 Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Enplater

Burning Hunk
Jun 6, 2017
NH
I just wanted to share what I did for a blower on my 2023 Alderlea T5. If I remember correctly I got the blower on Amazon and the price was very reasonable. It came with a variable speed switch and thermostatic switch. It’s on a thick chunk of steel to get it higher and closer to the stove, it blows up the back of the stove.
IMG_1172.jpeg

Limestone, I knew I got the idea from somewhere, it was probably you.
I always meant to drill/tap holes in the steel block but the blower doesn’t seem to move around at all so I haven’t bothered yet, so it just sits there for now.

I’m perfectly happy with it sitting on a firebrick. If anybody cranes their neck hard enough to see it back there, they deserve to see the blower! Lol.

Let me know where you end up putting your thermal switch. I just added one to mine and am moving it around a bit. I’d like to have it on the stove top, but can’t figure out how to route the wire in a way I’m happy. Currently it’s attached to the bottom, beside the bevel that’s the ash drawer, it takes a bit too long to heat up there, but the wires are out of sight.

In the photo I posted you can see where mine is mounted. It’s in the upper right of the photo with the 2 white wires going up to it.

I use a timer, the thermo switch isn’t sensitive enough to be useful. I just set the timer to about 4 hours.