my thanks to the group and daksy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

k0wtz

Nov 30, 2010
missouri
well the Vermont Castings stove is up and running it has been a learning experience and with help I was able to take the old Honeywell gas valve out change out other stuff and now have a very expensive stove working that probably would have been thrown in junk!

I totally took the stove apart down to the burner in order to figure all the stuff out. This stove has been changed from a complicated setup to as simple as I can make it.

I believe in the kiss principle in everything I do less to go wrong you know. I paid 400.00 for the stove and spent 150.00 to repair it but new ones are in the 2k range.

This stove really puts out the heat also! If anyone sees one for sale and it wont light it really is a simple fix if you do it yourself I don't know what a service company would have charged but I bet it would have been a bunch if one could be found to tackle this job!

bob