my tractor(s), truck, splitter, woodpile, etc.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ansehnlich1

Retired Hearth.com Member
Dec 5, 2006
Adams County, PA
I know you guys & gals love pics, sooooo, here ya go!

Ha!, the heavy duty craftsman:
3425441858_1c78b28ecc.jpg

then there's the old john deere 110:
3424611621_66667287fc.jpg

and the ford diesel 4x4:
3424611613_d4607965b3.jpg

can't forget the grasshopper diesel :)
3424611617_92a362a527.jpg

3 pt. splitter:
3424611615_a4d24fed4d.jpg

hook the swisher to the ford and cut 11 ft. wide in one swipe :):)
3424620023_0706833925.jpg

the mazdarati wood haulin' beast!
3424620013_2e8b9cdccd.jpg

the '96 heritage:
3424620029_c09889dc5d.jpg

current wood pile view to south:
3424611611_db97693b49.jpg

current wood pile view to north:
3424611607_7c949d0489.jpg

As a fellow Harley enthousiest I have to ask, is that rug to catch the oil drips? Very nice pics. How did your 500 do this winter?

webby3650 said:
As a fellow Harley enthousiest I have to ask, is that rug to catch the oil drips? Very nice pics. How did your 500 do this winter?

Oh yeah, that's really not a rug, it's a piece of OSB and it's more for keepin' the kickstand from tearin' up my nice garage floor paint job....

HOWEVER, HAHA, she does drop a small drop every once in a while ;-)

skinnykid said:
wow, cool pics. How many cord?

I'm gonna guess there's 12 or 13 cord sittin' there. The stuff in front has been sittin' for a year and it's gonna sit there til' October, the lighter stuff in the middle I just bucked and split in Feb. and won't burn til year after next, and the stuff to the woods side is all mixed up, some seasoned, some not. That pile to the right in the last pic I've split by hand and stacked on one pallet. There's some rounds there I'm gonna split yet. I had a bunch of stuff in the woods I brought up. Actually, there was a Locust leaning on another tree and I got a couple come-a-longs and pulled it down :) It was dead and it'll burn next winter. There's some cedar and a little cherry in there too. I buy 5 cord log length each year and then add to it whatever dead stuff comes outta the woods.

By the way, when you look at the view toward the south just about all the trees there are black walnut, I thinned 'em out years ago and they're starting to get nice sized now.

Nice setup the whole way around.

If you threw in a few more pics of old tractors and such, it would look like the Jags estate. (oh, would have to throw in a few car pics as well).

I do really love the elbow room of the old farmsteads..... but the mowing gets old. :lol:

Jags said:
I do really love the elbow room of the old farmsteads..... but the mowing gets old. :lol:

With his 11' rig behind the Ford and his "trimming" mower, I'd be able to mow my lawn in 10 or 15 minutes. Sweet setup and beautiful property.

Do you run the 3 pt splitter off the Ford's hydraulics or with a PTO pump?

SolarAndWood said:
Jags said:

With his 11' rig behind the Ford and his "trimming" mower, I'd be able to mow my lawn in 10 or 15 minutes. Sweet setup and beautiful property.

My "trimming" mower is a 48" deck and my big one is only 6 ft, but it still takes me 3.5 hours. Maybe I should look into one of them 11 ft suckers. :)

ansehnlich1 said:
webby3650 said:

Oh yeah, that's really not a rug, it's a piece of OSB and it's more for keepin' the kickstand from tearin' up my nice garage floor paint job....

HOWEVER, HAHA, she does drop a small drop every once in a while ;-)

And here, I thought a piece of cardboard was standard issue with every Harley!! My dad and I both have one under our bikes!

-SF

SolarAndWood said:

I run that splitter off the hydraulics, just unhook the Loader and plug right in.....gotta use a bungee cord to hold the loader knob control back, and it's a bit slow, but hey, I'm 49 years old and a bit slow is a good thing!

webby3650 said:
How did your 500 do this winter?

hey webby, my Jotul did just fine. I only fired up the oil furnace 2 times, one in the fall, and one just a week ago, just to make sure it's still workin'.

We run a heat pump when it gets down in the teens or below, it is zoned for our master bedroom/bath, which due to the layout of our home is quite separate from the wood stove area. The Oslo heats that part back there if it's 35 degrees or more, but when it gets real cold and windy we fire up the heat pump.

Through reading I gotta say the farm house/barn/outbuildings are not my home, that's my dad's place.....we share a little over 10 acres.

Sooooo, here's where my wife and I spend our time....
3426283813_93b8070567.png

3426283815_98a1aa35fb.png

ansehnlich1 said:
Sooooo, here's where my wife and I spend our time....

Well.....that'll work too. ;-P

Ah heck, I'm on a roll, here's the little lady this past Christmas.....

Still ain't sure how such a fine lookin' lady fell for a gruff old boy like me.....

3427143102_9055dd5cbe_o.png

She must like you for your wood (pile).

3444168629_d0220b7e34.jpg

Morning patrol on light wood hauler.

savageactor7 said:

Dare I ask about the roll of TP?

firefighterjake said:
savageactor7 said:

Dare I ask about the roll of TP?

Ha! It's like the first time you run out of firewood in March. You vow to never do that again and you end up with 2 years supply of wood. My pickup truck never leaves home without a roll of TP on board. At first when I saw the photo I though the blonde hair was on a ladies head, but then I saw the leash and I though wow that's an effective seat belt, and then I figured that it must be another dog.

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking the same thing :)

LOL it's white engineer tape...like the kind you see on surveying stakes. Most chain saw shops sell it. The white is used to mark dead trees for winter harvest, the crimson tape is to mark the smaller white oaks so I don't run over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.