My Tractor Supply Store gots problems...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnapCracklePop

Feeling the Heat
Sep 29, 2010
Southwestern Penna
Went to TSC for a bargain bag of sunflower seed; got it home and discovered it was moldy. Took it back for a refund and went to Wally World instead.

But, while I was at TSC I saw that they had their woodstoves and paraphernalia out on display. Gone are last year's Eco Bricks. Instead they had something similar looking with a name I can't remember. There's "Red" in the name somewhere. Anyhow, they were awful looking. About half of them had gotten wet and were swollen and misshapened. They were the same price as Eco Bricks: $3.99 for a pack of eight. I'm not going to stock up on them if they're junk.

Nancy

PopCrackleSnap said:
Went to TSC for a bargain bag of sunflower seed; got it home and discovered it was moldy. Took it back for a refund and went to Wally World instead.

Nancy

About a week ago I bought two bags of their birdseed mix and when I opened the bags up it smelled-there were quite a few "chunks" formed in it because it had gotten wet somewhere along the line...luckily the birds and mostly the squirrels ate it as it was still okay.

I have a hard time here in Eastern PA. getting birdseed at reasonable prices; the prices really went up several years ago and a bargain is so hard to find anymore.....

Thanks, Eileen. Actually, I did buy some of the Eco Bricks at TSC last year, and they were just fine. I'm questioning why they have switched to this other brand, and how come stuff is getting wet? The birdseed was wet. The bricks were wet. Sounds like somebody needs to rethink their shipping/storage procedures.

At this point, I don't need to think about bricks because I just got an email from my favorite wood supplier. I'm getting two cords of locust on Thursday. I bought one cord from him last year (and burned abut two cords of my own oak).

This year I'll burn his two cords of locust and the 5/6 cord of mixed hardwood I got from another guy (who *thinks* he sold me 1 1/4 cords). That should be about all I'll need for the winter.

For those who would wonder... the locust is $195 a cord c/s/s.

Nancy

My TSC has the same policy. They leave brand new items in the box out in the rain. Last time I was there to buy an electric splitter and a string trimmer, I asked if I could get a new one in an unmangled box. They said I could have one but they were soaking wet from being out in the rain. So I ended up just buying the floor models and hoped for the best. So far so good, but I haven't been back since.

Status
Not open for further replies.