My tree friend hooked me up.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom123

Burning Hunk
Oct 11, 2014
East Granby CT
We have a beach cottage in Old Saybrook and my neighbor there is an independent tree guy. I have had him do several thousand dollars worth of work in the last few years and have referred others to him. He has been leaving me wood down there. I have hauled about a mixed cord of soft maple and white oak out of there and he left me more. This is awesome, the maple will be shoulder wood for 2017. I believe the maple is red maple. Some of it is 4" to 3" limbs. I used my Ryobi mitre saw to buck that to 16" lengths. That works great.

25b10ffe43a96dad10c0ad85b0cda0da.jpg3cde25fbfbd13675f429ec3013533fcb.jpgb52af8bb33fae882770452474a6528a8.jpg

Last edited:
That is a great neighbor. I would stay on his good side. Nice way to cut wood.

Reactions: Tom123
I saw others on Hearth mention using the mitre saw. It makes fast work of the smaller stuff.

I love it. I say if it works don't knock it. It got the job done!

LMAO, I often use a circular saw for pallets and recip for smaller sticks. Why waste gas for a chainsaw if I don't have to.

Reactions: Tom123
Status
Not open for further replies.