1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

My wife just asked me

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by fox9988, Apr 12, 2012.

1. FanMan

FanMan Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    CT stix & upstate NY

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. firebroad

firebroad Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carroll County, MD
    Bet she said, "Wow, what a relief.":eek:

Still trying to figure out what the big attraction of "Facebook" and "Twitter" is. People who refuse to give a friendly "Howdy" to the neighbors will spill their guts and and show their a$$es for any and all to see on the internet. Not sure what to make of it all.
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  3. Bocefus78

Bocefus78 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Just Outside Indy
    I don't get it either! I do not have a facecrap page. I hear it all the time...."Make a page....you'll get to talk to so many people that you haven't in years!"
    Um....there's a REASON I haven't talked to them in years. I do not want to. I've had the same phone number for 18 years and lived in the same town for 33. If someone wants to get ahold of me, it's not like FB is the only way.
    kettensäge likes this.
  4. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Like anything . . . it is what you make of it . . . I use FB with our ATV Club to get the word out on upcoming meetings, work details and club rides.

My own personal FB site for select family members and friends is there to let folks know what I am up to . . . and for me to find what they are up to . . . both friends and family far and near . . . some of whom I talk to personally about every other day . . . and some of whom I maybe get to see once a year or so.
  5. firebroad

firebroad Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carroll County, MD
    Interesting.
    I just talk to my relatives. Of course, I don't have that many folks to give the same info to all the time...:)