My wife says I love my woodpile more than her!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-fan-atic

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
I tell her " Thats not true, but my stacks just require more attention to keep me warm at nite." Does anybody elses wife suffer from 'woodpile envy' ?

It's been said in jest in my house as well!

My stores are important to me. I'm a house husband looking after 3 kids. I run the house and smallholding but the work that goes into that is hard to measure. A wood pile stands as testament to my work to heat our family home.

Yes I love my logs.

Dave

Tell her, "yes it is" and be done with it (lol)

-Soupy1957

Wood pile vs wife/girlfriend
1. keeps you warm 3 ways - headaches various other maladies
2. Low maintenance - Hi maintenance
3. Prefers drafty environment - see # 1
4. can create hot water - uses all the hot water

Feel free to add to the list

blades said:
Wood pile vs wife/girlfriend
1. keeps you warm 3 ways - headaches various other maladies
2. Low maintenance - Hi maintenance
3. Prefers drafty environment - see # 1
4. can create hot water - uses all the hot water

Feel free to add to the list
Gets better with age- not

6. wood doesn't lick my ear, and the flames would HURT if it did!
7. Don't have to beg the wood stove.
8. When the wife's fire goes out, there ain't NO way of re-igniting it!!

-Soupy1957

I agree with the posts to an extent, but how do you reconcile with the slivers!?

Slivers - remove, apply small amount of antiseptic, problem solved
Wife/girlfriend - it's going to haunt you to your grave.

get a new one every year vs. stuck with the one you got.

lol @gzecc.

9. Wood is never grumpy
10. Wood is never not in the mood to be cut, split, stacked or loaded into the stove
11. Wood does not mind if I snore
12. I better stop before my wife sees this and makes me sleep out in the wood pile

14. Wood doesn't have family (in-laws) that comes with it

You could give her a little wood more often.

Maybe part with some of the sticky pine.

billb3 said:
You could give her a little wood more often.

Maybe part with some of the sticky pine.
I was thinking maybe take her behind the wood stack and show her you love her?

Shipper

I see I'm not alone. Good to know. I guess I'm pretty fortunate,tho. Both the stove and the wife are still HOT :)

Battenkiller said:
Wood will go all night long, every night if I want it to.
Are you talking about the wood you would put in the stove or fireplace? If your talking about another wood, let me go get my waders as its getting deep here. :lol:

Shipper

Shipper50 said:
Battenkiller said:
Wood will go all night long, every night if I want it to.
Are you talking about the wood you would put in the stove or fireplace? If your talking about another wood, let me go get my waders as its getting deep here. :lol:

Shipper

Those blue pills work wonders.

geesh, just wait until the gals on the forum show up. I would say we'd have some embarrassed guys here, but I know you aren't the type to be embarrassed about anything!

Danno77 said:
geesh, just wait until the gals on the forum show up. I would say we'd have some embarrassed guys here, but I know you aren't the type to be embarrassed about anything!

I can say anything I want 'cause my wife knows she's hotter than locust in a Lopi. ;-)

Pills? I don need no stinkin PILLS!!

-Soupy1957

My wife loves my wood more than she loves me.

I am working on repairing the resentment between my wife and my woodpile. Hopefully a warm house on a cold winter day will aid in my efforts. It's good to hear I'm not the only one with this issue. I love that woman a lot, and would love to have her share my affections for the stove and all that goes in it.

Well said, well spoken, Kidd. I really love all three of them ( woodpile, stove, wife , in no particular order). But I agree that I'd sleep better knowing she was as harmoniously united with the Trinity,instead of rolling her eyes at me with a "are you really gonna spend another afternoon c/s/stacking firewood in the yard?" Even if the magical firewood fairy would do it for me- its my GOD GIVEN RIGHT! Oh chit, gotta go. I think she's comin. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.