My Wood Car is Shrinking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
The wood car in the 3rd garage bay is shrinking.
I figure I started with 5.2 cords and, according to my precise calcs (yeah right), have used .6 cords.
I started the season by burning the hemlock pile that was outside.
I'm not sure when I started the inside pile, but even if it was a month ago, it looks good for getting through the season.
(I'm not shoveling a path to the outside woodpile this year.)

Attachments

• PC260081.JPG
    PC260081.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 537
That's not much wood to have burned already. You must live south for sure.

I burned up a big hemlock tree, but I figure at least a month of burning all the time I'm in the house.
It looks like I've used up more in person than in the picture, that's why I measured this AM.
I guess .6 cords for say, December. At that rate I could go 8 months on 5.2 cords garage storage.
I wish. :)

I'm near Albany, NY.

velvetfoot said:
The wood car in the 3rd garage bay is shrinking.
I figure I started with 5.2 cords and, according to my precise calcs (yeah right), have used .6 cords.
I started the season by burning the hemlock pile that was outside.
I'm not sure when I started the inside pile, but even if it was a month ago, it looks good for getting through the season.
(I'm not shoveling a path to the outside woodpile this year.)
Your ready for a big storm!

Status
Not open for further replies.