My wood stacks in addition to my Friday scrounge.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
These stacks are sixty four feet long X two and six feet tall.The woodshed is ten x twelve and almost full,the wood is from two years old to seven years old,all oak ,red,white,black,shag hickory,beech ,cherry,black locust,and white ash,I just last week scrounged a full cord of Osage orange about a year seasoned,I hope the new Blaze King can exist on this diet.

Attachments

• Wood 001.jpg
    Wood 001.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 414
  • Wood 002.jpg
    Wood 002.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 410
  • Wood 003.jpg
    Wood 003.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 397
  • Wood 004.jpg
    Wood 004.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 422
  • Wood 007.jpg
    Wood 007.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 442
SWEET! That's all I can say.

fv

Nice stacks.... Nice property.... Hope to have that much by the end of the year... Seems like a lot of work. Gonna take some "Blood, Sweat, and Tears" but if you love to do it. It aint really work??? Is it??? LOL........... Yeah it is..

ohlongarm said:
These stacks are sixty four feet long X two and six feet tall.The woodshed is ten x twelve and almost full,the wood is from two years old to seven years old,all oak ,red,white,black,shag hickory,beech ,cherry,black locust,and white ash,I just last week scrounged a full cord of Osage orange about a year seasoned,I hope the new Blaze King can exist on this diet.

Any stove can exist with that diet. Well done!

Nice Job.....

You might have a problem getting the 2'ft splits in your BK.

I hate to tell you this but the stove burns much much better with 18" North/South. :roll:

I tried to burn some 21"-22" East/West and it does not burn near as well.

Just saying.

Nicely Done! Looks good

Lookin' good, ohlongarm! (cyber applause)

Those look like metal Stack-It brackets on the racks. Right? I've used mine for 3 years and they're holding strong. My taller stacks are flaring out more, so I'm thinking of screwing in some diagonal braces (2x4).

Status
Not open for further replies.