My work partner just installed a new M55 cast.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChandlerR

Minister of Fire
Jan 28, 2009
Hampton, NH
We were thinking that he would run it to make sure it's all good then pickle it for the season. Guess not! Looks like it will run for a few days at least. He had an Avalon Astoria. He said that the new stove is so much quieter and is blowing him out of the house! To say that he is happy would be an understatement.

His decision was based on all the posts he read on this forum. Even got a ton of LG's with the stove.

Reactions: jtakeman
Nice... The is prob one of the nicest Cast units out there. IMO. With the best looking flame to (doesn't look oike a typical pellet stove flame.

I prefer the plain looks of the M-55 Steel model. With a larger hopper and ash pan. But thats just my personal preference.

He got it at a dealer in Concord, NH, I think. I'll get the name for you. He was pleased with the experience. They used a sub contractor for the install. They guys were very clean and knowledgable. He added an OAK kit and they had to bore through a concrete block wall and they had all the tools right on the truck. They were in and out in two hours. Ran the stove and went over it for him to make sure he was comfortable.

Woody, just heard back from my partner. You were right. He bought the stove at Nordic in Dover NH. I know they had looked at Enviro's at the Stove Barn in Concord but must have gotten a better deal in Dover. I forgot to ask him to confirm the LG's but I am pretty sure that's what he got. I remember him asking me what I thought about them because I had burned them a couple of years ago. I just checked Nordic's website and they said nothing about carrying LG's. He's working today but I'll find out tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.