mystery boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

edsaunders84

Sep 27, 2014
waupaca, wisconsin
Hello gentlemen (and ladies). I just purchased a home and I have a wood boiler that had no identification plate on it. I'm wondering if any of you could maybe help me identify it or point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMAG0267.jpg
    IMAG0267.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 462
  • IMAG0262.jpg
    IMAG0262.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 503
  • IMAG0263.jpg
    IMAG0263.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 297
Very typical of the late 70's and 80's. The circulator must be at the back , have you looked at the back for a CSA or UL ratings tag . No approval tag and you could have problems with insurance .

Does it have a small blower fan at the back , looks a lot like a NewMac.

Very typical of the late 70's and 80's. The circulator must be at the back , have you looked at the back for a CSA or UL ratings tag . No approval tag and you could have problems with insurance .

Does it have a small blower fan at the back , looks a lot like a NewMac.

Thanks for such a swift reply. I'm actually trying to track down wether or not it's ul certified. I've looked all over the thing and cannot find a data plate. Would it be under the outer cover?

If you use it, change that galvanized flue pipe to black stove pipe. There should be a plate or sticker on the outer jacket or remnants of a sticker. late 70s - mid 80s as HH said.

Taylor

Reactions: hobbyheater
Possibly home made handy man special?
The feed and ash doors and latch design look identical to those on an old Russell wood furnace made by Decton iron works in Wisconsin circa 1975/1985. Don't recall that they ever made a boiler......

Reactions: hobbyheater
Status
Not open for further replies.